On-Line matching routing on trees
For a rooted tree of height h, on-line heap construction can be completed within (2d−1)h routing steps.
For an arbitrary tree, on-line permutation routing can be completed within 4dn routing steps.
For a complete d-ary tree, on-line permutation routing can be completed within 2(d−1)n+2dlog2n routing steps.
KeywordsMaximum Degree Rooted Tree Matching Model Active Edge Arbitrary Tree
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Akl. Parallel Sorting Algorithms. Academic Press, 1985.Google Scholar
- 3.N. Haberman. Parallel neighbor-sort (or the glory of the induction principle). Technical Report AD-759 248, National Technical Information Service, US Department of Commerce, 5285 Port Royal Road, Springfieldn VA 22151, 1972.Google Scholar
- 4.D. Krizanc and L. Zhang. Many-to-one packet routing via matchings. In Proceedings of the Third Annual International Computing and Combinatorics Conference, Shanghai, China, August 1997. To appear.Google Scholar
- 5.F. T. Leighton. Introduction to Parallel Algorithms and Architectures: Arrays — Trees — Hypercubes. Morgan Kaufmann, San Mateo, CA 94403, 1991.Google Scholar
- 6.G. Pantziou, A. Roberts, and A. Symvonis. Dynamic tree routing under the “matching with consumption” model. In T. Asano, Y. Igarashi, H. Nagamochi, S. Miyano, and S. Suri, editors, Proceedings of the 7th International Symposium on Algorithms and Computation ISAAC '96 (Osaka, Japan, December 1996), LNCS 1178, pages 275–284. Springer-Verlag, 1996.Google Scholar
- 7.G. Pantziou, A. Roberts, and A. Symvonis. Many-to-many routing on trees via matchings. Technical Report TR-507, Basser Dept of Computer Science, University of Sydney, July 1996. To appear in Theoretical Computer Science. Available from ftp://ftp.cs.su.oz.aU/pub/tr/TR96_507.ps.Z.Google Scholar
- 8.A. Roberts, and A. Symvonis. On Deflection Worm Routing on Meshes. Technical Report TR-514, Basser Dept of Computer Science, University of Sydney, May 1997. Available from ftp://ftp.cs.su.oz.au/pub/tr/TR97_514.ps.Z.Google Scholar
- 9.A. Roberts, A. Symvonis, and L. Zhang. Routing on trees via matchings. In Proceedings of the Fourth Workshop on Algorithms and Data Structures (WADS'95), Kingston, Ontario, Canada, pages 251–262. Springer-Verlag, LNCS 955, aug 1995. Also TR 494, January 1995, Basser Dept of Computer Science, University of Sydney. Available from ftp://ftp.cs.su.oz.au/pub/tr/TR95_494.ps.Z.Google Scholar
- 10.Louxin Zhang. Optimal bounds for matching routing on trees. In Proceedings of the Eighth Annual ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms, pages 445–453, New Orleans, Louisiana, 5–7 January 1997.Google Scholar