Ambiguity and decision problems concerning number systems
- 102 Downloads
The representation of integers in arbitrary number systems is considered. The main emphasis is on problems concerning ambiguity, completeness and equivalence. We develop a rather general automata-theoretic method for solving such, in essence, purely number-theoretic problems. The method seems to be applicable in a variety of different situations.
KeywordsRegular Expression Number System Regular Language Proper Form Automaton Theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Honkala, J. (1982) Unique representation in number systems and L codes. Discrete Applied Mathematics, 4, 229–232.Google Scholar
- Jelinek, F. (1968) Probabilistic Information Theory. McGraw-Hill, New York.Google Scholar
- Jürgensen, H. and Kunze, M. (1980) Redundanzfreie Codes als Kryptocodes. Technical Report TI 8/80, Darmstadt Technical University.Google Scholar
- Maurer, H.A., Salomaa, A. and Wood, D. (1982) L codes and number systems. Theoretical Computer Science, 22, 331–346.Google Scholar
- Salomaa, A. (1973) Forma1 Languages. Academic Press, New York.Google Scholar