The stochastic γ4 model
Some techniques for the study of the stochastic φ4 model are described. These techniques are applied to a certain perturbation of the φ4 potential and compared with numerical simulations. Results are reported concerning the accuracy of the stochastic numerical scheme, the evolution of the kink mean parameters with lose of brownian motion under certain conditions, and the modifications suffered by kinks, as well as their instability threshold.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M.B. Fogel, S.E. Trullinger, A.R. Bishop and J.A. Krumhansl, Phys. Rev. B15,1578 (1977).Google Scholar
- J.F. Currie, J.A. Krumhansl, A.R. Bishop and S.E. Trullinger, Phys. Rev. B22, 477 (1980), and references therein.Google Scholar
- D.W. McLaughlin and A.C. Scott, Phys. Rev. A18, 1652 (1978), and references therein.Google Scholar
- J.M.R. Parrondo, M. Mañas and F.J. de la Rubia, preprint (1989).Google Scholar
- Guo Ben Yu and L. Vázquez, J. App. Sci. (China) 1, 25 (1983).Google Scholar
- P.J. Pascual and L. Vázquez, Phys. Rev. B32, 8305 (1985).Google Scholar
- M.J. Rodríguez, Ph.D.Thesis, Universidad Complutense de Madrid (1988).Google Scholar