Dynamical regimes phase-locked to an external microwave field in a long, unbiased Josephson junction
Part of the Lecture Notes in Physics book series (LNP, volume 353)
Part III. Nonlinear Wave Propagation: Numerical and Theoretical Studies
We demonstrate the existence of phase-locked limit cycles in inhomogenously driven sine Gordon systems and point out their possible experimental verification by use of Josephson devices.
KeywordsAttraction Basin Ordinary Differential Equation System Reflective Boundary Condition Partial Differential Equation System Electric Field Pattern
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Barone and G. Paterno, Physics and applications of the Josephson effect, (John Wiley, New York, 1982) and references therein.Google Scholar
- N.F. Pedersen, Solitons in long Josephson junctions in Advances in Superconductivity, edited by Deaver and Ruvolds (Plenum, New York, 1982).Google Scholar
- N.F. Pedersen, Solitons in Josephson transmission lines in Solitons, edited by Trullinger, Zakharov and Pokrovsky, (Elsevier Sc. Pub. 1986).Google Scholar
- J.T. Chen, T.F. Finnegan and D.N. Langenberg, ICSS 413 (1969).Google Scholar
- R. Bonifacio, Phys. Lett. A 101, 427 (1984).Google Scholar
- M. Cirillo, S. Pace and S. Pagano, Phys. Lett. A 125, 20 (1987).Google Scholar
- R. Monaco, private communication (1988).Google Scholar
- J.C. Fernandez, M.J. Goupil, O. Legrand and G. Reinisch, Phys. Rev. B 34, 6207 (1986).Google Scholar
- N.F. Pedersen and D. Weiner, Phys. Rev. B 29, 2551 (1984).Google Scholar
- O. Legrand, Phys. Rev. A 36, 5068 (1987).Google Scholar
- D.W. McLaughlin and A.C. Scott, Phys. Rev. A 18, 1652 (1978).Google Scholar
- N.F. Pedersen, M.R. Samuelsen and D. Welner, Phys. Rev. B 30, 4057 (1984).Google Scholar
- D. Weiner, Boundary effects in sine-Gordon systems, Ph.D. Thesis, (Lyngby 1985).Google Scholar
- F. Varosi, C. Grebogi and J.A. Yorke, Phys. Lett. A 124, 59 (1987).Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag 1990