Can a nontrivial solitonic mode be observed in a square Josephson junction?
We show by use of energy considerations and numerical simulations the existence of a stable 2-d isoperimeter solitonic mode propagating simultaneously along the two diagonals of a square Josephson junction of intermediate length.
KeywordsPartial Differential Equation Wave Front Josephson Junction Linear Mode Wave Profile
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Barone and G. Paterno, “Physics and applications of the Josephson effect”, John Wiley, New York, (1982) and references therein.Google Scholar
- Pedersen N.F., “Solltons in long Josephson junctions”, In Advances in Superconductivity, Ed. B. Deaver and J. Ruvalds,Plenum, NY, 149, (1982).Google Scholar
- Pedersen N.F., “Solltons in Josephson transmission lines”, In Solitons,Ed. by S.E. Trullinger, Zakharov and V.L. Pokrovsky,Elsevier Sc. Pub. 469, (1986).Google Scholar
- Pagano S., “Nonlinear dynamics in long Josephson junctions”, Phd Thesis, Lyngby, (1987) and references therein.Google Scholar
- G. Eilenberger, “Solltons”, Mathematical Methods for Physicists, Springer series in Solid State Sciences 19, Springer Verlag, (1989).Google Scholar
- J.C. Fernandez, R. Grauer and G. Reinisch, “Phase-locked dynamical regimes to an external microwave field in a long, unbiased Josephson junction”, in the same proceedings.Google Scholar