Object recognition using sequential images and application to active vision
In this paper, we propose an object recognition system which integrates features of an object using sequential images. Recently, it has been recognized ',hat an active vision based on the control of camera position is a hopeful approaches to realize a robust object recognition system. Our system integrates features of the unknown object extracted from sequential images while the camera moves to the best position to recognize the object. Integration of features promises a reliable recognition at early step of camera control. The experimental results show the proposed approach promises a reliable and high speed object recognition.
KeywordsInput Image Sequential Image Object Recognition Model Object Basic Probability
- 2.David W. Jacobs and Ronen Basri, “3-D to 2-D Recognition with Regions,” Proc. IEEE Conf. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 547–553, 1997.Google Scholar
- 3.S. Yamane, M. Izumi and K. Fukunaga, “Model-Based Object Recognition and Its Position and Pose Estimation,” IEICE, Vol. J-79-D-II, No. 2, pp. 165–173, Feb. 1996 (In Japanese).Google Scholar
- 4.J. Aloimonos, I. Weiss and A. Bandyopadhyay, “ACTIVE VISION,” Proc. 1st IEEE Int. Conf. on Computer Vision, pp. 35–54, 1987.Google Scholar
- 5.T. Akutsu, K. Arakawa and H. Murase, “Active Viewpoint Control for Shape from Occluding Contours,” Proc. 3rd Asian Conf. on Computer Vision, Vol. I, pp. 321–328, 1998.Google Scholar
- 7.Seth. A. Hutchinson and Avinash. C. Kak, “Planning Sensing Strategies in a Robot Work Cell with Multi-Sensor Capabilities,” IEEE, Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol. 5, No. 6, pp. 765–783, Dec. 1989.Google Scholar