Some properties of zerotesting bounded one-way multicounter machines
Deterministic and nondeterministic one-way multicounter machines with bounds on the number of zerotests are studied. First, we establish a fine hierarchy of zerotesting bounded deterministic counter machine languages. Second, we show that a nondeterministic two-counter machine with 2 zerotests is able to recognize a language which cannot be accepted by any deterministic sublinear zerotesting bounded multicounter machine.
KeywordsInput Word Counter Machine Pushdown Automaton Counter Content Deterministic Machine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. Chan, Reversal complexity of counter machines, Proc. 13th ACM STOC (1981) 146–157.Google Scholar
- 2.T. Chan, Pushdown automata with reversal-bounded counters, Journal of Computers and Systems Sciences 37 (1988) 269–291.Google Scholar
- 3.P. Ďuriš and Z. Galil, On reversal-bounded counter machines and on pushdown automata with a bound on the size of the pushdown store, Inform. and Control 54 (1982) 217–227.Google Scholar
- 4.P. Ďuriš and Z. Galil, Folling a two-way automata or one pushdown store is better than one counter for two-way machines, Theoret. Comput. Sci. 21 (1982) 39–53.Google Scholar
- 5.P. Ďuriš and J. Hromkovič, Zerotesting bounded one way multicounter machines, Kybernetika 23 (1978) 13–18.Google Scholar
- 6.S.A. Greibach, Remarks on blind and partially blind one-way multicounter machines Theoret. Comput. Sci. 7 (1978) 311–324.Google Scholar
- 7.J. Hromkovič, Hierachy of reversal and zerotesting bounded multicounter machines, Proc. 11th MFCS 84 LNCS 176 (1984) 312–321.Google Scholar
- 8.J. Hromkovič, Reversal-bounded nondeterministic multi-counter machines and complmentation, Theor. Comput. Sci.51 (1987) 325–330.Google Scholar
- 9.O.H. Ibarra, Reversal-bounded multicounter machines and their decision problems, J.ACM 25 (1978) 116–133.Google Scholar
- 10.M. Jantzen, On zero-testing bounded multicounter machines Proc. 4th GI Conference 158–169.Google Scholar
- 11.M. Jantzen, On the hierarchy of Petri Net Languages, RAIRO Informatique Theoretique 13 (1979) 19–30.Google Scholar