Application of inductive logic programming for learning ECG waveforms
- 115 Downloads
In this paper a learning system is presented which integrates an ECG waveform classifier (called PECG) with an interactive learner (called IMPUT). The PECG system is based on an attribute grammar specification of ECGs that has been transformed to Prolog. The IMPUT system combines the interactive debugging technique IDT with the unfolding algorithm introduced in SPECTRE. Using the IMPUT system we can effectively assist in preparing the correct description of the basic structures of ECG waveforms.
Keywordsinductive logic programming program specialization syntactic pattern recognition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Alexin, Z., Gyimóthy, T., Boström, H.: Integrating Algorithmic Debugging and Unfolding Transformation in an Interactive Learner in Proceedings of the 12th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence ECAI-96 ed. Wolfgang Wahlster, Budapest, Hungary (1996) 403–407 John Wiley & Son's Ltd. 1996.Google Scholar
- 2.Boström, H., Idestam-Almquist, P.: Specialization of Logic Programs by Pruning SLD-trees., Proc. of the Fourth International Workshop on Inductive Logic Programming (ILP-94) Bad Honnef/Bonn Germany September 12–14. (1994) 31–47Google Scholar
- 3.Kókai, G., Alexin, Z., Gyimóthy, T.: Classifying ECG Waveforms in Prolog Proc. of the Fourth International Conference on The Practical Application of PROLOG (PAP96) London, United Kingdom April 23–25, (1996) 193–221Google Scholar
- 4.Lavrač, N., Džeroski, S.: Inductive Logic Programming: Techniques and Applications Ellis Horwood, (1994)Google Scholar
- 5.Muggleton, S., De Raedt, L.: Inductive Logic Programming: Theory and methods, Journal of Logic Programming 19 (20) (1994) 629–679Google Scholar
- 6.Ostrand, T. J., Balker, M. J.: The Category-Partition Method for Specifying and Generating Functional Tests CACM 31:6 June (1988) 676–686Google Scholar
- 7.Paakki, J., Gyimóthy, T., Horváth T.,: Effective Algorithmic Debugging for Inductive Logic Programming. Proc. of the Fourth International Workshop on Inductive Logic Programming (ILP-94) Bad Honnef/Bonn Germany September 12–14. (1994) 175–194Google Scholar
- 8.Shapiro, E. Y.: Algorithmic Program Debugging MIT Press (1983)Google Scholar
- 9.Skordalakis, E.: ECG Analysis in Syntactic and Structural Pattern Recognition Theory and Applications ed. Bunke, H. and Sanfeliu, A. World Scientific (1990) 499–533Google Scholar