Cooperative and distance learning in electronics using internet
- 114 Downloads
This paper describes a project for the creation of a distributed system integrating computerbased learning material, network services and communication facilities within an environment provided by W3 technology. We present a detailed outline of the system architecture from a technical point of view and describe how the different classes of users interact with the system. The project aims to promote cooperative and distance learning in electronics for the students of two curricula in Electronic Engineering, using Internet to exchange information between tutors and learners.
KeywordsDistance Learn Learning Material Bulletin Board User Class Common Gateway Interface
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Proposal of the project ARIADNE (Alliance of Remote Instructional Authoring and Distribution Networks for Europe), European Union, DG XIII, 4FWRP, Telematics for Education and TrainingGoogle Scholar
- Ponta D., Donzellini G., Learning Electronics with Hypermedia and Computer Tools, proceedings of CALISCE '94, International Conference on Computer Aided Learning and Instruction in Science and Engineering, J. Dessalles editor, Telecom Paris, France, August 31–September 2, 1994.Google Scholar
- P. Barker and K. Manji, Computer-based training: an institutional approach, Education & Computing 8 (1992) 229–237.Google Scholar
- Ibrahim B., Distance Learning with the World-Wide Web, proceedings of the International Conference on “Open and Distance Learning — Critical success Factors”, published by FIM, Erlangen, 10–12 October 1994, 123–126.Google Scholar
- http://home.netscape.com/newsref/std/ddeapi.htmlGoogle Scholar
- http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/mhonarc.htmlGoogle Scholar
- Hughes D., Mini SQL — A Lightweght Database Engine Version 1.0.6, May 1995Google Scholar