Preliminary student evaluation of a CBL course on Digital Systems Electronics
- 112 Downloads
The paper presents preliminary results of the evaluation process performed on a Computer-Based Learning course of digital electronics, developed by the authors. Data on students' computer background, courseware installation and mode and frequency of use have been collected by the compilation of a questionnaire. Specific information on the course modules, their usefulness and ease of use and overall evaluation are acquired and discussed. The conclusions provide an orientation for future developments of the CBL materials.
KeywordsFinite State Machine Learning Material Traditional Lesson Local Simulation Assembly Language Program
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ponta D., Da Bormida G., Donzellini G., Cooperative development of a CBL course on Digital Systems Electronics, proceedings of CAEE '95, International Conference on Computer Aided Engineering Education, J. Breza editor, Bratislava, Slovakia, September 13–15, 1995.Google Scholar
- Project ARIADNE Programme: Alliance of Remote Instructional Authoring and Distribution Networks for Europe (ET 1002(ET), European Union, DG XIII, 4FWRP, Telematics for Education and Training), 1996.Google Scholar
- Forte E.,CAL, Distance Learning and Telematics: Pipes, Contents or Structure?, proceedings of CAEE '95, International Conference on Computer Aided Engineering Education, J. Breza editor, Bratislava, Slovakia, September 13–15, 1995.Google Scholar
- Ponta D., Parodi G. and Donzellini G., Practical electronics taught by hypertext: the WORKBENCH project, Computers Educ. Vol. 16 No 1, pp. 127–132, 1991.Google Scholar
- Ponta D., Donzellini G., Learning Electronics with Hypermedia and Computer Tools, proceedings of CALISCE '94, International Conference on Computer Aided Learning and Instruction in Science and Engineering, J. Dessalles editor, Telecom Paris, France, August 31–September 2, 1994.Google Scholar
- Schank R.C., Active Learning through Multimedia, IEEE MultiMedia, Spring 1994, pp.69–78, 1994.Google Scholar
- Doornekamp B.G., Students valutation of the use of computers in education, Computer Education Vol. 21 No.1/2, pp. 103–113, 1993.Google Scholar
- Pagano R. L., Computer Simulation as an Educational Tool, PhD Thesis, Louvain la Neuve, October 2, 1992.Google Scholar
- Viau R., Larivée J., Learning tools with hypertext: an experiment, Computers Education Vol. 20 No.1, pp. 11–16, 1993.Google Scholar
- Barker P., Manji K., Computer-based training: an institutional approach, Education & Computing Vol. 8, pp. 229–237, 1992.Google Scholar
- E. Giannotti, D. Ponta, Hypermedia Tools in Electronic Engineering Education: a new instructional approach or only a new technology?, proceedings of Joint SEFI and IGIP annual conference, Prague, September 21–23, 1994.Google Scholar