Broadband access in RECIBA B-ISDN experimental platform
Little attention has been paid so far to broadband access Network Termination 1 equipment (NT1) due to an apparent lack of useful functions which can be performed by this type of elements. Experience gained on emerging broadband services performance have shown some problems when used through public ATM networks mainly regarding excessive peak traffic and highly bursty traffic profiles and lack of OAM facilities at the ATM layer. Most of these problems might be solved by additional functions performed by NT1 elements. This paper presents an implementation of a SDH based broadband access network emphasizing the ideas and functions which can make this type of equipment useful and details the experience gained on a number of real broadband multimedia services demonstrations.
KeywordsBroadband Access Network Terminator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P.J. Lizcano et al. A Flexible Architecture Platform for B-ISDN Interfaces and Services Benchmarking. Globecom 94, San Francisco, November 1994Google Scholar
- J Fernández-Amigo et al. Servicios de Banda Ancha: Proyecto RECIBA. III Jornadas Telecom I+D. Madrid 23–24 de Noviembre, 1993.Google Scholar
- J. Fernández Amigo et al. Broadband Services: RECIBA Project, Multimedia and Broadband Services, Applications and Development Tools. Globecom 94, San Francisco, November 1994.Google Scholar
- J. Mariño and L. Cucala. Módulo Electro-óptico 155/622 con unidad de sincronización. URSI, September 1994, Vol 1, page 203 through 208, Las Palmas, Canary Islands, Spain.Google Scholar
- ITU-T. Recommendation G.957: Digital Networks, Digital Sections and Digital Line Systems. OPtical Interfaces for Equipment and Systems ralating to the SDH. Melbourne 1988.Google Scholar
- ITU-T. Recommendation G.958: Digital Networks, Digital Sections and Digital Line Systems. Digital Line Systems based on the Synchronous Digital Hierarchy for use on Optival Fiber Cables. Geneva 1990.Google Scholar
- ITU-T. Draft Recommendation I.356: B-ISDN ATM Layer Cell Transfer Performance.Google Scholar
- ITU-T. Draft Recommendation I.610: B-ISDN Operation and maintenance principles and functions.Google Scholar
- ITU-T. Draft Recommendation G.96x: Access Digital Section for B-ISDN.Google Scholar
- ITU-T. Draft Recommendation G.826: Error Performance Parameters and Objetives for International Constant Bit Rate Digital Paths at or Above the Primary Rate.Google Scholar
- Pierre Boyer and Michel Servel. A Spacer-Multiplexer for Public UNIs. ISS'95. April 1995 Vol 1.Google Scholar
- Clark et al. The AURORA Gigabit Testbed, Computer Networks and ISDN Systems, January 1993.Google Scholar