Narrowing a 2n-block of sortings in O (n logn)
Let D be a totally ordered set and n a positive integer. Call 2n-block a Cartesian product of 2n closed and possibly empty intervals of D. Let sort be the set of all 2n-tuples of elements of D of the form (x1,..., xn, y1;..., yn), where (y1,..., yn) is the n-tuple obtained by sorting in increasing order the terms of the n-tuple (x1,..., xn).
This paper is devoted to the study of an algorithm of complexity O(n logn), which, given a 2n-block P, computes, in the sense of inclusion, the smallest 2n-block containing the set sort ∩ P.
KeywordsCompact Representation Great Element Empty Interval Operation Graph Final Node
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Aillaud C., Résolution de contraintes par analyse de parties convexes de R, Thèse de doctorat, Laboratoire d'Informatique de Marseille, Université de la Méditerranée, July 1997.Google Scholar
- Leconte M., A Bounds-based Reduction Scheme for Constraints of Difference. Constraint-96, Second International Workshop on Constraint-based Reasoning, Key West. Florida, 19 May 1996.Google Scholar
- Older W.J. and A. Vellino, Extending Prolog with Constraint Arithmetic on Real Intervals, Proceeding of the Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering, 1990.Google Scholar
- Older W.J., F. Swinkels and M. van Emden, Getting to the Real Problem: Experience with BNR-Prolog in OR, in Proceedings of the Third International Conference on the Practical Applications of Prolog, (PAP'95 at Paris), Alinmead Software Ltd, ISBN 0 9 525554 0 9., April 1995.Google Scholar
- Zhou J., A constraint program for solving the job-shop problem, Principles and Practice of Constraint programming, (Proc. of CP'96, Cambridge, USA), edited by Eugene C. Freuder, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer Verlag, pp 510–524, August 1996.Google Scholar
- Zhou J.. Computing Smallest Cartesian Products of Intervals: Application to the Jobshop Scheduling Problem, Thèse de doctorat, Laboratoire d'Informatique de Marseille, Université de la Méditerranée, March 1997.Google Scholar