Geometric algorithm visualization, current status and future
We give a survey of the current status of geometric algorithm visualization and offer some suggestions regarding geometric software library and future directions for visualization software.
KeywordsComputational Geometry Geometric Object Geometric Algorithm Geometric Software Collaborative Visualization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Anupam V. C. Bajaj, D. Schikore and M. Schikore, “Distributed and Collaborative Visualization,” Computer, 27,7 July 1994, pp. 37–43.Google Scholar
- 2.Brown, M. H., “Zeus: A System for Algorithm Animation and Multi-view Editing,” Proc. IEEE Workshop on Visual Languages, Oct. 1991, pp. 4–9.Google Scholar
- 3.Chazelle, B, et al., “Application Challenges to Computational Geometry,” Tech. Report TR-521-96, Princeton University, April 1996. Also accessible on the Web at http://www.cs.princeton.edu/∼chazelle/taskforce/CGreport.ps.Google Scholar
- 4.de Rezende, P. J. and W. R. Jacometti, “GeoLab: An Environment for Development of Algorithms in Computational Geometry,” Proc. Int'l Computational Geometry Software Workshop, Geometry Center, MN, Jan. 18–20, 1995.Google Scholar
- 6.Epstein, P., J. Kavanagh, A. Knight, J. May, T. Nguyen, and J.-R. Sack, “A Workbench for Computational Geometry, ” Algorithmica, April 1994, pp. 404–428.Google Scholar
- 7.Fabri, A. G. Giezeman, L. Kettner, S. Schiia and S. Schönherr, “The CGAL Kernel: A Basis for Geometric Computation,” this proceedings.Google Scholar
- 8.Lee, D. T., S. M. Sheu and C. F. Shen, “GeoSheet, A Distributed Visualization Tool for Geometric Algorithms,” Tech. Rep. Department of EECS, Northwestern University, Oct. 1994. Int'l J. Computational Geometry & Applications, to appear.Google Scholar
- 9.Phillips, M., S. Levy and T. Munzner, “Geomview: An Interactive Geometry Viewer,” Notices American Mathematic Society, 40,8 Oct. 1993, pp. 985–988.Google Scholar
- 10.Näher, S., “LEDA — A Library of Efficient Data Types and Algorithms”, Max-Planck-institut für informatik.Google Scholar
- 13.Schorn, P., “An Object Oriented Workbench for Experimental Geometric Computation, ” Proc. 2nd Canadian Conference in Computational Geometry, Ottawa, August 6–10, 1990, pp. 172–175.Google Scholar