A logic for the description of behaviours and properties of concurrent systems
- 138 Downloads
We present two logic LSP (Logic of Sequential Processes) and LP (Logic of Processes) which are propositional μ-calculi with both logical operators and standard operators of process algebras such as prefixing, non-deterministic choice, parallel composition and restriction. The process algebra operators are extended on unions of bisimulation classes.
LSP is an extension of an algebra of sequential processes with strong bisimulation. A deductive system is proposed for this logic and a comparison with the propositional μ-calculus of Kozen is carried out.
LP is an extension of an algebra of communicating processes with strong bisimulation. A deductive system is proposed for this logic and its use is illustrated by an example.
KeywordsProgram logic μ-calculus compositional proof methods process algebra adequacy expressivity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [CES83]Clarke E.M., Emerson E.A., Sistla A.P. Automatic Verification of Finite State Concurrent Systems Using Temporal Logic, 10th Annual ACM Symp. on Principles of Programming Languages, 1983.Google Scholar
- [EH83]Emerson E.A., Halpern J.Y. "Sometimes" and "Not Never" Revisited: on Branching versus Linear Time, 10th Annual ACM Symp. on Principles of Programming Languages, 1983.Google Scholar
- [EL86]Emerson E.A., Lei C-L. Efficient Model Checking in Fragments of the Propositional Mu-Calculus, LICS 1986.Google Scholar
- [GS86b]Graf S., Sifakis J. A Logic for the Specification and Proof of Controllable Terms of CCS, Acta Informatica 23, 1986.Google Scholar
- [HM82]Hennessy M., Milner R. Observing Non-determinism and Concurrency, Proceedings of 7th ICALP, LNCS 92, 1982.Google Scholar
- [Ko83]Kozen D. Results on the Propositional μ-calculus, TCS 27, 1983.Google Scholar
- [KP83]Kozen D., Parikh R. J. A decision Procedure for the Propositional Mu-calculus, Second Workshop on Logics of Programs, 1983.Google Scholar
- [Mi80]Milner R. A Calculus of Communicating Systems, LNCS 92, 1980.Google Scholar
- [Mi84]Milner R. A Complete Inference System for a Class of Regular Behaviours, JCSS 28, 439–466, 1984.Google Scholar
- [Pn85]Pnueli A. Linear and Branching Time Structures in the Semantics and Logics of Reactive Systems, Proceedings of ICALP, LNCS 194, 1986.Google Scholar
- [Pn86]Pnueli A. Specification and Development of Reactive Systems, Proceedings IFIP 1986.Google Scholar
- [Si86]Sifakis J. A Response to Amir Pnueli's "Specification and Development of Reactive Systems", Proceedings IFIP 1986.Google Scholar
- [SE84]Streett R.S., Emerson E.A. The propositional Mu-calculus is Elementary, Proc. 12th ICALP, LNCS 172, 465–472, 1984.Google Scholar