Structure, physical properties and phase transition of a TCNQ salt of 1 : 2 stoichiometry : DECA (TCNQ)2
In this paper, we discuss an irreversible phase transition occuring in the TCNQ salt which diethylcyclohexylammonium cation : DECA (TCNQ)2, when heated above 350 K. The transition, which is of first order as evidenced by heat capacity measurements, is accompanied by very large discontinuities in properties such as magnetic susceptibility and d. c. electrical conductivity. The phase diagram [P = f(T)] has been determined, as well as the crystal structures of both phases. The observed structural transformation allows us to explain the temperature behaviour of the physical properties.
KeywordsPhase Transition Magnetic Susceptibility Electrical Resistivity Thermal Variation Heat Capacity Measurement
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1-.R. G. KEPLER, J. Chim. Phys., 39, 3528, (1963)Google Scholar
- 2-.Y. IIDA, Bull. Chem. Soc. Japan, 43, 3685 (1970)Google Scholar
- 2-a.A. KOSAKI et al., Bull. Chem. Sac. Japan, 43. 2280 (1970)Google Scholar
- 2-b.Y. SUSUKI and Y. IIDA, Bull. Chem. Soc. Japan, 46, 683 (1973)Google Scholar
- 3-.J. C, BAILEY and D. B. CHESNUT, J. Chim. Phys., 51, 5118 (1969)Google Scholar
- 4-.J. G. VEGTER, T. HIBMA and J. KOMMANDEUR, Chem. Phys. Lett. 3, 427 (1969)Google Scholar
- 4-a.J. G. VEGTER and J. KOMMANDEUR, Mol. Liq. Cryst., 30, 11 (1975)Google Scholar
- 5-.S. FLANDROIS, P. DELHAES, J. C. GIUNTINI and P. DUPUIS, Phys. Letters. 45 A. 339, (1973)Google Scholar
- 6-.O. S. ACKER et al., J. A. C. S., 82, 6408 (1960)Google Scholar
- 6-a.L. R. MELBY et al., J. A. C. S., 84 3374 (1962)Google Scholar
- 7-.S. FLANDROIS, P. LIBERT and P. DUPUIS, Phys. Stat. Sol. A, 28. 411 (1975)Google Scholar