A stochastic model for the electrical conduction in non homogeneous layers
The equation for the potential in a non homogeneous conducting layer is derived. If the conductivity is represented by a stochastic process, the potential ф becomes a stochastic quantity. For a simple rectangular geometry an analytic treatment will be presented to calculate the expectation value and mean square deviation of the potential. At last an integral equation technique will be put forward.
KeywordsConducting Layer Integral Equation Method Rough Wall Corn Diameter Hand Member
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1).S. Amer: "Van der Pauw's method of measuring resistivities on lamellae of non uniform resistivity" Solid State Electronics, 1963, vol.6, p.141–146.Google Scholar
- 2).W. M. G. Van Bokhoven: "Calculation of noise in distributed conductive elements, due to stochastic conductivity fluctuations" Archiv für Elektronik und Uebertragunstechnik, 1978, vol.32, p.349–352.Google Scholar
- 3).G. De Mey: "Specific conductivity measurements on non homogeneous semiconductor samples" Applied Physics, 1975, vol.6, p.189–197.Google Scholar
- 4).G. De Mey: "A second order perturbation method for potential calculations in non homogeneous semiconducting layers" Applied Physics, 1977, vol.12, p.213–215.Google Scholar
- 5).G. De Mey: "Frequency shift in cavities with rough walls" Applied Physics, 1977, vol.12, p.83–86.Google Scholar
- 6).G. De Mey: "An integral equation method to solve Poisson's equation for stochastic charge densities and boundary potential" Lettere al Nuovo Cimento, 1975, vol.12, p.470–472.Google Scholar
- 7).G. De Mey: "Integral equation for the potential distribution in a Hall generator" Electronics Letters, 1973, vol.9, p.264–266.Google Scholar
- 8).G. De Mey: "Potential calculations in thin conducting films by integral equation techniques" Invited talk presented at the International Symposium on Solid State Physics, Calcutta, 10–14 january 1977.Google Scholar
- 9).G. De Mey: "Numerical applications of integral equations in semiconductor physics" Colloquium Numerical Treatment of Integral Equations, Mathematisch Centrum Amsterdam, 13 october 1978.Google Scholar