On the State Estimation Problem for Distributed Systems
This report deals with the problem of guaranteed estimation of the state of a distri-buted system on the basis of available measurements. The disturbances in the initial dis-tribution, in the system inputs and in the available observations are assumed to be unk-nown in advance. No statistical information on these is given and it is only the restrictions on the possible realizations of these functions that are taken to be available. The inverse problem which arises here therefore reduces to the description of the “informational set” of all solutions that are consistent with the system equation, the available measurement and the constraints on the uncertainties. A minimax guaranteed estimate U° (θ, ·) similar to the “Chebyshev center” of a given set may then be specified, which coincides, in the case of quadratic integral constraints, with the regularization introduced by A.N. Tikhonov for treating ill-posed inverse problems of mathematical physics, .
KeywordsInverse Problem State Estimation Problem Uncertain Dynamic System Chebyshev Center Informational Domain
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Sobolev, S.L. (1982) On certain applications of functional analysis in mathematical physics. Novosibirsk.Google Scholar
- Ladyzhenskaya, 0.A. (1973) Boundary problems of mathematical physics. Nauka, Mos-COW.Google Scholar
- Tikhonov, A.N., Arsenin, V.A. (1979) Methods of solving ill-posed problems. Nauka, Moscow.Google Scholar
- Kalman, R.E., Falb, P.L. and M.A. Arbib (1979) Topics in Mathematical Systems Theory. McGraw-Hill.Google Scholar
- Sakawa, Y. (1975) Observability and related problems for partial dif ferential equa-tions of parabolic type. SIAM Journal Control, Vol. 12, No. 1.Google Scholar
- Lavrentiev, M. M., Romanov, V.G., Shishatski S.P. (1980) Ill-posed problems in analysis and mathematical physics. Nauka, Moscow.Google Scholar
- Kurzhanski, A.B. (1983) Evolution Equations for Problems of Control and Estimation of Uncertain Systems. ICM, Warsaw.Google Scholar
- Schweppe, F. (1973) Uncertain Dynamic Systems. Prentice-Hall Inc. Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey.Google Scholar
- Kurzhanski, A.B. (1977) Control and Observation Under Conditions of Uncertainty. Nauka, Moscow.Google Scholar
- Kurzhanski, A.B., Hapalov, A. Yu. (1985) On the estimation of distributed fields through available measurements. Proceedings International Sobolev Conf. Novosibirsk.Google Scholar