Optimal operation of thermal systems with start-up costs
- 122 Downloads
An extension of the generalized Benders decomposition approach to solve the operation problem of electric power systems with thermal generation is proposed. The resulting minimal operation/start-up cost problem is partitioned into an economic dispatch problem and a pure integer non-linear programming problem. Some results regarding a numerical example are provided. Also, a multicriteria problem is defined in order to take into account a stochastic model for the electric demand.
KeywordsOptimal Operation Electric Demand Thermal System Thermal Unit Production Deficit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Arvanitidis, N.V. and Rosing, J. (1970). Optimal Operation of Multireservoir Systems Using a Composite Representation — IEEE Transactions on PAS, Vol. PAS 89, No 2.Google Scholar
- Baptistella, L.F.B. and Geromel, J.C. (1980). Decomposition Approach to the Problem of Unit Commitment Schedule for Hydrothermal Systems. Proceedings IEE, November.Google Scholar
- Baptistella, L.F.B. and Ollero, A. (1980). Fuzzy Methodologies for Interactive Multicriteria Optimization. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Vol. SMC-10, No 7.Google Scholar
- Bertsekas, D.P., Lauer, G.S., Sandell, Jr. N.R. and Posbergh, T.A. (1983). Optimal Short-Term Scheduling of Large-Scale Power Systems. IEEE Transactions on A.C. Vol. AC-28, No 1.Google Scholar
- Dillon, T.S., Edwin, K.W., Kochs, H.D. and Taud, R.J. (1978). Integer Programming Approach to the Problem of Optimal Unit Commitment with Probabilistic Reserve Determination. IEEE Transactions on PAS, Vol. PAS 97, No 6.Google Scholar
- Galiana, F.D., Handschin, E. and Fiechler, A.R. (1974). Identification of Stochastic Electric Load Models from Physical Data. IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, Vol. AC-19, No 6.Google Scholar
- Geoffrion, A.M. (1972). Generalized Benders Decomposition, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol. 10, No 4.Google Scholar
- Geromel, J.C. and Luna, H.P.L. (1981). Projection and Duality Techniques in Economic Equilibrium Models, IEEE Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Vol. SMC-11, No 5.Google Scholar
- Turgeon, A. (1978). Optimal Scheduling of Thermal Generating Units. IEEE Transactions on A.C., Vol. AC-23, No 6.Google Scholar