Dynamics of Food and Beverage Subsector Industry in East Java Province: The Effect of Investment on Total Labor Absorption
Gross Regional Domestic Product (GRDP) gives an overview of economic development performance in over time. The GRDP value in East Java province is increasing in every year, but this value cannot reduce unemployment rate. The existing of economic development condition is not able to absorb the large number of unemployment where the number of work force is also increasing in the period of time. These phenomena will influence social and economic problems in a region. Investment is one of ways that could be used in order to increase the field of business and reduce the unemployment rate. In this paper, describes the industrial development in food and beverage industries subsector in East Java. By using system dynamic approach, it will construct the change of business investment related to labor absorption in East Java which is affected by economic and climate change of industrial business factors. This research will consider several policy scenarios that have been taken by government such as changes in the proportion of infrastructure funds, the proportion of aid investment by government and licensing index. This scenario could reach the main objective of the system.
KeywordsFood and beverage subsector industry Investment Labor force System dynamic
This research is supported by the Department of Trade and Industry in East Java province and East Java Investment Coordinating Board to Mr. Arya as Department Industry in East Java province and Mrs. Desi as staff East java Investment Coordinating Board for their supports of domain knowledge and data collection.
- Arsyad L (2000) Ekonomi Pembangunan. Sekolah Tinggi Ilmu Ekonomi Yayasan keluarga Pahlawan Negara. S. YKPN. YogyakartaGoogle Scholar
- Barlas Y (1996) Formal aspects of model validity and validation in system dynamics. System Dynamics Review 12:3. WileyGoogle Scholar
- BPS (2010) Keadaan Angkatan Kerja di Provinsi Jawa Timur 2010. Surabaya, Badan Pusat Statistik Jawa TimurGoogle Scholar
- BPS (2010) Pertumbuhan Ekonomi Jawa Timur Tahun 2010. Surabaya, Badan Pusat Statistik Jawa TimurGoogle Scholar
- Samuelson (1995) Intellectual property rights and the global information economy. J Commun ACM 39:7Google Scholar
- Sarwedi (2005) Investasi Asing Langsung di Indonesia dan Faktor yang mempengaruhinya. Jurnal Akuntasi dan Keuaangan 4:17–35Google Scholar
- Yasin, Baihagi et al (2002) Pemograman visual 2002. SurabayaGoogle Scholar