Part of the Education in the Asia-Pacific Region: Issues, Concerns and Prospects book series (EDAP, volume 21)
Developing (f)or Appraising: School-Based Teacher Training
Shanghai schools strategically combine teacher development and teacher appraisal in their school-based teacher training to ensure a highly competent and motivated teaching force.
KeywordsTeacher Professional Development Young Teacher Performance Bonus Public Lesson Appraisal Form
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- Bush, T., & Qiang, H. (2000). Leadership and culture in Chinese education. Asia Pacific Journal of Education, 20(2), 58–68.Google Scholar
- Law, W.-W. (2009), Culture and school leadership in China: Exploring school leaders’ views of relationship- and rule-based governance. In A. W. Wiseman (Ed.), Educational leadership: Global contexts and international comparisons: Vol. 11. International perspectives on education and society. doi: 10.1108/S1479-3679(2009)0000011013
- Liu, Y. (2010). Jiaoshi zhuanye fazhan jiaoben pingtai de goujian ji yunxing jizhi de yanjiu [Research on the building and implementation mechanism of school-based platform for teacher professional development]. Unpublished master’s dissertation, National Institute of Education, Nanyang Technological University.Google Scholar
- Ribbins, P., & Zhang, J. H. (2006). Culture, societal culture and school leadership – A study of selected head teachers in rural China. International Studies in Educational Administration, 34(1), 71–88.Google Scholar
- Shanghai Shinan Secondary School (n.d.). Shanghaishi shinan zhongxue jiaoshi jiaoxue gongzuo kaohe pingjiabiao [Shanghai Shinan Secondary School’s teacher’s teaching work inspection and appraisal form]. http://shinan.hpe.cn/Upload/Content/Attach/152_634273317679883311_377687.doc. Accessed 2 Jan 2012.
- Sohu (2011). Zhongxiaoxue jiaoshi xinfugan diaocha jieguo shenyou, kaohe fanduo yali da [Survey result of happiness state of secondary and primary school teachers worrying, much appraisal and great pressure]. Jiefangwang. http://news.sohu.com/20110907/n318656204.shtml. Accessed 10 Feb 2012.
- Tang, Q. (Ed.) (2010). ‘Jiaoxue, keyan, peixun’ sanwei yiti xiaoben yanxiu kechenghua de shijian yanjiu [Practical research for school-based training curriculum based on three-in-one form of ‘teaching, subject research, training’]. Shanghai: Shanghai University of Finance and Economics Press.Google Scholar
- Wu, G., Zhang, C., & Tian, L. (Eds.). (2009). Kecheng lingdao yu xiaoben chuangxing: jiedu shanghaishi jinganqu xueyuan fushu xuexiao [Curriculum leadership and school-based innovation: Interpreting Shanghai Jingan Education College Affiliated School]. Shanghai: East China Normal University Press.Google Scholar
- Ying, J. (2011). Tui rencai, zhu kegai, ming fangxiang – Shanghaishi jichu jiaoyu ‘sixiang pingxuan’ ershiyu zaijie suoguo [Promote talent, assist curriculum reform, brighten direction – more than twenty fruits from the ‘four item selection’ in Shanghai basic education]. Shanghai Education, 5(3A), 10–13.Google Scholar
- Zhang, X. (2008b). The role of teacher appraisal in teacher professional development: A case study in schools in Shanghai. Doctoral dissertation, The University of Hong Kong. http://hub.hku.hk/handle/10722/51240. Accessed 12 Jan 2012.
© Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2013