Part of the Education in the Asia-Pacific Region: Issues, Concerns and Prospects book series (EDAP, volume 21)
Kung Fu Panda: Teacher Mentoring and Collaboration
Shanghai teachers constantly and systematically improve their teaching through teacher mentoring and collaboration.
KeywordsNovice Teacher Young Teacher Lesson Critique Teacher Mentor Cultural Script
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- Anon. (2010b). Yuwenzhu jiaoyan huodong shilu – 2006 nian qiuji gaokao yuwen shanghaijuan yanjiu yu jiaoliu [Verbatim record of teaching research activity for language group – research and exchange on 2006 Shanghai senior secondary language exam paper for fall season]. In Q. Tang (Ed.) (2010). ‘Jiaoxue, keyan, peixun’ sanwei yiti xiaoben yanxiu kechenghua de shijian yanjiu [Practical research for school-based training curriculum based on three-in-one form of ‘teaching, subject research, training’] (pp. 118–125). Shanghai: Shanghai University of Finance and Economics Press.Google Scholar
- Bourdieu, P. (1986). The forms of capital. In J. G. Richardson (Ed.), The handbook of theory and research for the sociology of education (pp. 241–258). New York: Greenwood.Google Scholar
- Gold, T., Guthrie, D., & Wank, D. (Eds.). (2002b). Social connections in China: Institutions, culture, and the changing nature of guanxi. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- Hwang, K.-K. (1997–8). Guanxi and mientze: Conflict resolution in Chinese society. Intercultural Communication Studies, 7(1), 17–38.Google Scholar
- Jinrichuneng. (2011, January). Jingxuan youhua tigao [Special selection, optimisation, improvement], p. 3.Google Scholar
- Law, W.-W. (2009), Culture and school leadership in China: Exploring school leaders’ views of relationship- and rule-based governance. In A. W. Wiseman (Ed.), Educational leadership: Global contexts and international comparisons: Vol. 11. International perspectives on education and society. doi: 10.1108/S1479-3679(2009)0000011013
- Li, J. (2009). Learning to self-perfect: Chinese beliefs about learning. In C. K. K. Chan & N. Rao (Eds.), Revisiting the Chinese learner: Changing contexts, changing education (pp. 35–69). Hong Kong: Springer and Comparative Education Research Centre, University of Hong Kong.Google Scholar
- Liu, Y. (2010). Jiaoshi zhuanye fazhan jiaoben pingtai de goujian ji yunxing jizhi de yanjiu [Research on the building and implementation mechanism of school-based platform for teacher professional development]. Unpublished master’s dissertation, National Institute of Education, Nanyang Technological University.Google Scholar
- Lou, W. (1999). Stress and mental health of secondary school students in Shanghai: The effects of collectivism and Guanxi. Doctoral dissertation, The University of Hong Kong. http://hdl.handle.net/10722/32195. Accessed 12 Jan 2012.
- OECD [Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development]. (2011). Lessons from PISA for the United States. Strong performers and successful reformers in education. http://dx.doi.org/10.1787/9789264096660-en. Accessed 12 Jan 2012.
- Thompson, S. C., Gregg, L., & Niska, J. M. (2004). Professional learning communities, leadership, and student learning. Research in Middle Level Education Online, 28(1), 1–15.Google Scholar
- Wu, F. (2010b). Peiyang xuexiao zuoyue jiaoshi tuandui de lujing yu celue [Path and strategy to nurture the school’s excellent teaching force: practical exploration using the Chemistry’s teaching research group in Qingpu gaoji zhongxue as an example]. Unpublished master’s dissertation, National Institute of Education, Nanyang Technological University.Google Scholar
- Wu, G., Zhang, C., & Tian, L. (Eds.). (2009). Kecheng lingdao yu xiaoben chuangxing: jiedu shanghaishi jinganqu xueyuan fushu xuexiao [Curriculum leadership and school-based innovation: Interpreting Shanghai Jingan Education College Affiliated School]. Shanghai: East China Normal University Press.Google Scholar
- Ying, B. (2009). Lishi jiaoyahzhu shishi ‘duihuaxing’ xiaoyuan wenhua jianshe de zhongjie [Conclusion of the implementation of ‘dialogue style’ for building of school culture by the history teaching research group]. Kegai tanjiu, October issue, 69–72.Google Scholar
- Zhang, R. (2008a). Jujiao youxiao jiaoyu de shinian [Ten years of focused and effective education]. Beijing: People’s Education Press.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2013