Testing Times: Exams as Means of Central Control
Part of the Education in the Asia-Pacific Region: Issues, Concerns and Prospects book series (EDAP, volume 21)
The Shanghai authorities utilise various types of assessment at the municipal and district levels to maintain central control.
KeywordsEducation Bureau Cultural Script Senior Secondary School Shanghai Municipal Education Commission Standard Exam
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- Jiefangribao. (2011, September 8). Shanghai tongji: Zhongxiaoxue jiaoshi zuida yali yuanzhi ‘fenfen jijiao’ [Shanghai statistics: Secondary and primary school teachers’ greatest pressure originates from ‘every mark counts’]. http://www.wyedu.net/show.php?contentid=10851. Accessed 12 Jan 2012.
- Kipnis, B. A. (2011). Governing educational desire: Culture, politics, and schooling in China. Chicago: The University of Chicago Press.Google Scholar
- Li, W., & Li, Y. (2010). An analysis on social and cultural background of the resistance for China’s education reform and academic pressure. International Education Studies, 3(3), 211–215.Google Scholar
- Lu, C. (2005). Shanghaishi zhongxiaoxue sushi fazhan xianzhuang yanjiu baogao [Research report of current situation of the quality development of Shanghai secondary and primary school students]. Xuhiu jiaoshiwang. http://tpd.xhedu.sh.cn/cms/data/html/doc/2005-09/02/54569/index.html. Accessed 8 Feb 2012.
- Shangguan, Z. M. (2005). Jiaoyu de guoji shiye [Education’s international vision]. Shanghai: East China Normal University.Google Scholar
- Shanghai Municipal Education Commission (2009). Guanyu yingfa ‘Shanghaishi putong gaozhong xueye shuiping kaoshi shishi xize (shixing) de tongzhi [Notice regarding issuing ‘Implementation conditions (trial) for Shanghai ordinary senior secondary academic standard exam’]. http://www.shanghai.gov.cn/shanghai/node2314/node2319/node12344/userobject26ai19875.html. Accessed 7 Feb 2012.
- Zhang, R. (2008a). Jujiao youxiao jiaoyu de shinian [Ten years of focused and effective education]. Beijing: People’s Education Press.Google Scholar
- Zhang, X. (2008b). The role of teacher appraisal in teacher professional development: A case study in schools in Shanghai. Doctoral dissertation, The University of Hong Kong. http://hub.hku.hk/handle/10722/51240. Accessed 12 Jan 2012.
- Zhang, X. (2009). Zhongguo jichu jiaoyu pingjia de jibi yu genxing [The disadvantages and renewal of basic education appraisal in China]. Beijing: Educational Science Publishing House.Google Scholar
- Zongguo jiaoyu bao. (2012). Shanghai quxiao gaokao ‘zonghe’ kemu zongfen jiangshi 600 fen [Shanghai abolished ‘Integrated’ subject for senior secondary exams, the total marks is reduced to 600]. http://edu.sina.com.cn/gaokao/2012-03-29/1022332781.shtml. Accessed 2 Apr 2012.
© Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2013