We, the Rational Homo Psychologicus
- 178 Downloads
We are just beginning to understand ourselves as homo psychologicus. This last chapter of the book opens up our imagination of future development and application of the theory, focusing on two topics in particular: a rough structural design of an alternative measure to GDP, and a discussion on the situations when the human race might think and work together as one homo psychologicus.
- Bernstein, F. (2008, November 30). Sydney Opera House’s designer dies. The New York Times. Retrieved from https://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/30/world/europe/30iht-obit.4.18267087.html. Accessed 18 June 2019.
- Cofield, C. (2016, September 14). International cooperation key to spaceflight’s future, NASA chief says. Space.com. Retrieved from https://www.space.com/34062-nasa-chief-talks-international-spaceflight-cooperation.html. Accessed 18 June 2019.
- Fessenden, M. (2015, August 6). He designed the Sydney Opera House … but wasn’t even invited to its opening. Smithsonian.com. Retrieved from https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/architect-sydney-opera-house-wasnt-invited-opening-180956175/. Accessed 18 June 2019.
- Friedman, T. L. (2005). The World Is Flat: A Brief History of the Twenty-First Century. New York: Farrar, Straus and Giroux.Google Scholar
- James, W. (1909). The confidences of a “psychical researcher”. American Magazine, 68, 580–589.Google Scholar
- Kleinman, R. (2006, September 23). Iconic buildings can’t be planned, Utzon’s son says. The Age. Retrieved from https://www.theage.com.au/national/iconic-buildings-cant-be-planned-utzons-son-says-20060923-ge370l.html. Accessed 18 June 2019.
- Krueger, H. (2017, September 30). In space, U.S. and Russia friendship untethered. NBC News. Retrieved from https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/space-u-s-russia-friendship-untethered-n806101. Accessed 18 June 2019.
- Lewis, R. (1990, February 24). Honoring the time-tested design Saarinen’s St. Louis Gateway Arch. The Washington Post. Retrieved from https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/realestate/1990/02/24/honoring-the-time-tested-design-saarinens-st-louis-gateway-arch/6d966cf4-e809-49f7-80f3-47d890546112/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a14f2ae95978. Accessed 18 June 2019.
- National Research Council. (1994). Assigning Economic Value to Natural Resources. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press.Google Scholar
- Parks, J. (2018, August 23). Quantum entanglement loophole quashed by quasar light. Astronomy. Retrieved from http://www.astronomy.com/news/2018/08/distant-quasars-confirm-quantum-entanglement. Accessed 18 June 2019.
- Schwartz, A. B. (2015, May 6). The infamous “War of the Worlds” radio broadcast was a magnificent fluke. Smithsonian.com. Retrieved from https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/infamous-war-worlds-radio-broadcast-was-magnificent-fluke-180955180. Accessed 18 June 2019.
- Squires, N. (2008, April 10). Sydney Opera House serenades architect. The Telegraph. Retrieved from https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1584639/Sydney-Opera-House-serenades-architect.html. Accessed 18 June 2019.