Role of the State and Different Political Parties Towards Narayanpatna Movement
- 13 Downloads
As far as the tribal movement in Narayanpatna is concerned, the state and the exploiters have tried in every manner to arrest and forcibly stop the Narayanpatna movement with different tactics. One such tactics was that the state has formed a ‘peace committee’ to counter the movement and to portray the movement as an attack on poor dalits by the Maoists of Narayanpatna. The state has banned the CMAS as a frontal Maoist organisation and has arrested all the leaders of the movement and activists of CMAS after firing two CMAS leaders. With this, the chapter in detail discusses the role of the state, reaction of the government, role of different political parties and organisation towards the movement. It critically analyses the state’s war against its own people and depicts the present scenario.
- Behera, A. (2013, August 5). Maoists link in Odisha: Case of the Chasi Mulia Adivasi Sangh. New Delhi: Institute for Defence Studies & Analyses (IDSA). http://www.idsa.in/system/files/IB_MaoistsLinkinOdisha_ABehera.pdf. Accessed 9 October, 2019.
- Narayanpatna Firing and its aftermath. (2011, February 06). The new Indian express (p. 3). https://www.newindianexpress.com/.
- Nayak, D. K. (2013, March 8). Naxal Violence: Is the Maoist Base Slipping in Odisha? New Delhi: Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies (IPCS). http://www.ipcs.org/article/naxalite-violence/naxal-violence-is-the-maoist-base-slipping-in-odisha-3836.html. Accessed 24 October, 2019.
- Padhi, R., Pradhan, P., & Manjit, D. (2010, March 6–12). How Many More Arrests Will Orissa See? Economic and Political Weekly, 45(10), pp. 24–26.Google Scholar
- Pradhan, P. (2009, December 20). Police repression of adivasis in Narayanpatna. Bhubaneswar: Public Union for Civil Liberties (PUCL) Odisha.Google Scholar
- Satyabrata. (2009, December 7). Odisha’s most wanted: On Nachika Linga, leader of the Chasi Mulia Adivasi Sangha (CMAS). Sanhati (online Journal). http://sanhati.com/Narayanpatna/#4. Accessed 18 November, 2019.
- Satyabrata. (2010, January 31). The Arrest of Gananatha Patra. Sanhati (Online Journal). http://sanhati.com/narayanpatna/#12. Accessed 26 December, 2018.
- The Flames of Narayanpatna, Orissa. (2010). Report by International Campaign against War on the People in India (ICAWPI), 11 October. http://www.icawpi.org/resistance/news1/965-the-flames-of-narayanpatna. Accessed 22 October, 2018.
- The Dharitri. (2009, November 21 & 29). Odia daily newspaper (Bhubaneswar edition, p. 1).Google Scholar
- The Dharitri. (2013, January 5). Odia Daily Newspaper (Bhubaneswar edition, p. 2).Google Scholar
- The Dharitri. (2014, October 29). Odia Daily Newspaper (Bhubaneswar edition, p. 1).Google Scholar
- The Dharitri. (2015, November 12). Odia Daily Newspaper (Bhubaneswar edition, p. 2).Google Scholar
- The Hindu. (2019, July 7). English Daily Newspaper (Bhubaneswar Edition, p. 1). https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/odisha-chief-minister-urged-to-challenge-hc-order-on-tribal-land-transfer/article28313731.ece. Accessed 21 December, 2019.
- The Samaj. (2009, November 21). Odia Daily Newspaper (Bhubaneswar edition, p. 2).Google Scholar
- The Samaj. (2013, February 21). Odia Daily Newspaper (Bhubaneswar edition, p. 2).Google Scholar