A Secure Fine-Grained Identity-Based Proxy Broadcast Re-encryption Scheme for Micro-video Subscribing System in Clouds
Micro-video sharing is prevalent nowadays due to the rapid development of personal smart devices, fast growing of network bandwidth and the easy-to-use cloud computing. However, the micro-video sharing system is more vulnerable compared to the conventional video service model because of the vulnerability of the cloud and the hardware computing constraints of personal devices. Ensuring the security and privacy of the micro-videos has become critical for micro-video sharing systems. Recently, a number of encryption schemes have been proposed to protect the security of the micro-videos stored in the cloud. However, these approaches cannot support micro-video sharing functionality. Moreover, the encryption-based method cannot provide the fine-grained access control on encrypted micro-videos. In this paper, we present a notion of fine-grained identity-based broadcast proxy re-encryption to address the issue of fine-grained encrypted micro-video sharing. Further, we present a concrete scheme in the proposed notion and analyze its security. Performance and evaluation show that our proposed scheme is practical and efficient.
KeywordsMicro-video subscribing Privacy preserve Identity-based encryption Attribute-based encryption
Chunpeng Ge is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 61702236) and Changzhou Sci & Tech Program (Grant No. CJ20179027). Chunhua Su is supported by JSPS Kiban(B) 18H03240 and JSPS Kiban(C) 18K11298.
- 1.Bethencourt, J., Sahai, A., Waters, B.: Ciphertext-policy attribute-based encryption. In: IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy, SP 2007, pp. 321–334. IEEE (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Chunpeng, G., Liu, Z., Xia, J., Liming, F.: Revocable identity-based broadcast proxy re-encryption for data sharing in clouds. IEEE Trans. Dependable Secure Comput. (2019)Google Scholar
- 10.Goyal, V., Pandey, O., Sahai, A., Waters, B.: Attribute-based encryption for fine-grained access control of encrypted data. In: ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security, pp. 89–98 (2006)Google Scholar
- 13.Lewko, A., Waters, B.: New proof methods for attribute-based encryption: achieving full security through selective techniques. In: Safavi-Naini, R., Canetti, R. (eds.) CRYPTO 2012. LNCS, vol. 7417, pp. 180–198. Springer, Heidelberg (2012). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-32009-5_12CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 14.Liang, K., Fang, L., Susilo, W., Wong, D.S.: A ciphertext-policy attribute-based proxy re-encryption with chosen-ciphertext security. In: 2013 5th International Conference on Intelligent Networking and Collaborative Systems (INCoS), pp. 552–559. IEEE (2013)Google Scholar
- 15.Liang, X., Cao, Z., Lin, H., Shao, J.: Attribute based proxy re-encryption with delegating capabilities. In: International Symposium on Information, Computer, and Communications Security, pp. 276–286 (2009)Google Scholar
- 17.Nik-U: PBC package (2015). https://github.com/Nik-U/pbc
- 19.Shao, J., Wei, G., Ling, Y., Xie, M.: Identity-based conditional proxy re-encryption. In: 2011 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), pp. 1–5. IEEE (2011)Google Scholar
- 22.Wang, C., Wang, Q., Ren, K., Lou, W.: Privacy-preserving public auditing for data storage security in cloud computing. In: 2010 Proceedings IEEE INFOCOM, pp. 1–9. IEEE (2010)Google Scholar
- 23.Waters, B.: Ciphertext-policy attribute-based encryption: an expressive, efficient, and provably secure realization. In: Catalano, D., Fazio, N., Gennaro, R., Nicolosi, A. (eds.) PKC 2011. LNCS, vol. 6571, pp. 53–70. Springer, Heidelberg (2011). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-19379-8_4CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 25.YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/