An Evolution Analysis of Regional Economic Development Disparities in Guangdong Based on the FPCA
- 224 Downloads
The economic disparities among the Pearl River Delta and East Region, the West Region and the Mountainous Region become the primary contrasts to be urgently resolved in the economic transformation of Guangdong Province. This paper selects the added value of employees in 21 cities and applies the functional principal component analysis (FPCA) method to analyze the regional development disparities in Guangdong from 2000 to 2011. The results show that the evolution of regional disparities in Guangdong can be explained by early development disparities, disparities under the impact of the world financial crisis, and growth trend disparities formed after 2002. Compared with the period of early development, the regional disparities in Guangdong have narrowed.
KeywordsFPCA Regional disparities Economy of Guangdong Comparative advantage
- 1.Wen Ruihong, Relations of Economic Growth and Regional Economic Disparities in Guangdong [J], Geography and Geo-information Science, 2012(1).Google Scholar
- 2.Statistical Yearbook of Guangdong Province 2012, http://www.gdstats.gov.cn/.
- 3.Luo Hao, A Positive Study on the Variation of Regional Disparities in Guangdong Province China Population, Resources and Environment, 2003(6).Google Scholar
- 4.J.O. Ramsay, B.W. Silverman, Functional Data Analysis[M](Second Edition), Foreign Famous Works Series (Photocopies) 12, Science Press, 2006.Google Scholar
- 5.J.O. Ramsay, B.W. Silverman, Applied Functional Data Analysis: Methods and Case Studies [M], Springer, 2002.Google Scholar