A Hinged Fiber Grating Sensor for Hull Roll and Pitch Motion Measurement
- 18 Downloads
This paper introduces a novel fiber Bragg grating (FBG) sensor for hull roll and pitch motion measurement. The sensor is mainly composed of three parts: differential hinge structure, fiber grating and mass block. When the hull produces a dip angle affected by external forces, the fiber gratings fixed on the left and right sides are deformated due to the tensile and the pressure force. The relationship between the deformation of the fiber gating and its wavelength is subjected to the proportional function. By using compensation algorithm of the demodulator, we can get the fiber wavelength and the inclination angle of the ship.
KeywordsFiber Bragg gratings Dynamic monitoring angle Differential hinge structure Mechanical temperature compensation
This paper is supported by Natural Youth Science Foundation of China (61501326, 61401310). It also supported by Tianjin Research Program of Application Foundation and Advanced Technology (16JCYBJC16500).
- 1.lianhui JIA (2011) Research and development of the real-time monitoring system of ship’s motions and stresses. Harbin Engineering UniversityGoogle Scholar
- 2.Li X (2013) Research on marine parallel stabilized platform. Jiangsu University of Science and TechnologyGoogle Scholar
- 3.Liu N (2018) Research on the vertical motions’ control system of a fast multi-body ship based on longitude damping devices. Harbin Engineering UniversityGoogle Scholar
- 4.Moody V (2004) Fiber theory and formation. Elsevier Inc., 2004-06-15Google Scholar
- 5.Ferdinand P, Rougeault S (2000) Optical fiber Bragg grating inclinometry for smart civil engineering and public works. Proc SPIE Int Soc Opt Eng 4185:13–16Google Scholar
- 6.Xie T, Wang X, Li C, Tian S, Zhao Z, Li Y (2017) Fiber bragg grating differential tilt sensor based on mercury column piston structure. Acta Optica Sinica 37(03):170–176Google Scholar
- 7.Lee B (2003) Review of the present status of fiber sensors. Opt Fiber Technol: 3–4Google Scholar
- 8.Zhang Y (2016) Research of distributed inclination technology based on fiber Bragg grating and it’s application. Wuhan UniversityGoogle Scholar