A Dynamic Switching Technique for Virtual Network in SDN Environment
Nowadays, the emergence of software defined network has realized the further transformation of computer virtual network model, and realized the function of separating control level from data forwarding. The OpenFlow protocol enables communication between the controller and the switch. In our study, two virtual machines carry out data transmission through two routes, and select whether to use optical or electrical switches through the size of traffic. Through tests of Ping and Netperf, we can determine that the data transmission will not be affected when switching, proving the feasibility of the platform.
KeywordsSDN Virtual network OpenFlow Ping Netperf
The work was supported by the education department of Hebei province (NO. QN2016142, YQ2014014) and the natural science foundation of Hebei province (NO. F2015402119). Thanks to my mentor and team, as well as those who have contributed to this design.
- 1.Azodolmolky, S.: Software Definition Network: Disclosure of OpenFlow Based SDN Technology. Machinery Industry Press, Beijing (2014)Google Scholar
- 2.Nadeau, T.D., Gery, K.: Software definition network: SDN and OpenFlow analysis, no. 11–18, 84. People’s Post and Telecommunications Press, Beijing (2014). Translated by Bi Jun, Shan Ye, Zhang Shaoyu, Yao Guang, et al.Google Scholar
- 3.Tong, H., Shu, G.Y., Tian, C.Y.: Illustration OpenFlow, pp. 5–10. People’s Post and Telecommunications Press, Beijing (2016). Translated by Li Zhanjun, Xue WenlingGoogle Scholar
- 4.Wang, L., Qian, L.: Classification method and practice of network traffic, pp. 4–7. People’s Post and Telecommunications Press, Beijing (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.Chen, M., Hui, H., Liu, B., et al.: A multipath transmission mechanism based on OpenFlow. J. Electron. Inf. Technol. 38(5), 1242–1248 (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Hamad, D.J., Yalda, K.G., Okumus, I.T.: Getting traffic statistics from network devices in an SDN environment using OpenFlow. ITaS 951–956 (2015)Google Scholar
- 7.Van Adrichem, N.L.M., Doerr, C., Kuipers, F.A.: OpenNetMon: network monitoring in OpenFlow software-defined networks. In: 2014 IEEE Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS), pp. 1–8. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.Zuo, Q., Chen, M., Wang, X., Liu, B.: An online traffic anomaly detection method based on SDN. J. Xi’an Univ. Electron. Sci. Technol. 42(01), 155–160 (2015)Google Scholar
- 10.Song, P., Liu, Y., Liu, C., Zhang, J., Qian, D., Hao, Q.: A virtualized programming framework of SDN that supports fine-grained parallelism. Softw. J. 25(10), 2220–2234 (2014)Google Scholar