Vortex Extraction Method Based on Compact Ratio
As a typical feature of the ocean flow field, the vortex plays an important role in the transmission and distribution of marine matter and energy, and thus becomes a hot spot of feature extraction. In this paper, the vortex extraction is carried out based on the algorithm of compact ratio. In order to further verify its rationality and accuracy, the sea surface height data in the same area is used to test, which proves the feasibility of this method in vortex extraction. In addition, the compact ratio method for extracting vortex is less affected by data resolution, and incorporates the idea of mathematical morphology to provide a new idea for ocean vortex extraction.
KeywordsVortex Recognition Compact ratio
This work was supported in part by a grant from the National Science Foundation of China (41471330).
- 1.Lugt, H.: Vortex Flow in Nature and Technology. Wiley, New York (1972)Google Scholar
- 3.Charola, A.E., Henriques, M.A.: Hydraulicity in lime mortars revisited. In: International R1LEM Workshop on Historic Mortars: Characteristics and Tests, Paisley, Scotland, 1999, pp. 95–104 (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Dong, C., Jiang, X., Xu, G., et al.: Automated eddy detection using geometric approach, eddy datasets and their application. Adv. Mar. Sci. 35(04), 439–453 (2017)Google Scholar
- 6.Ji, G., Chen, X., Huo, Y., et al.: An automatic detecting method of the marine meso-scale eddy in remote sensing image. Oceanologia Et Limnologia Sinica 02, 139–144 (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Xu, H.: Extraction and visualization for complex flow field features. National University of Defense Technology (2011)Google Scholar