A New Multi-strategy Ensemble Artificial Bee Colony Algorithm for Water Demand Prediction
Artificial bee colony (ABC) is an efficient global optimizer, which has bee successfully used to solve various optimization problems. Recently, multi-strategy ensemble technique was embedded to ABC to make a good trade-off between exploration and exploitation. In this paper, a new multi-strategy ensemble ABC (NMEABC) is proposed. In our approach, each food source is assigned a probability to control the frequency of dimension perturbation. Experimental results show that NMEABC is superior to the original multi-strategy ensemble ABC (MEABC). Finally, NMEABC is applied to predict the water demand in Nanchang city. Simulation results demonstrate that NMEABC can achieve a good prediction accuracy.
KeywordsArtificial bee colony Swarm intelligence Multi-strategy Ensemble Water demand prediction
This work was supported by the Science and Technology Plan Project of Jiangxi Provincial Education Department (No. GJJ170994), the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 61663028), the Distinguished Young Talents Plan of Jiangxi Province (No. 20171BCB23075), the Natural Science Foundation of Jiangxi Province (No. 20171BAB202035), and the Open Research Fund of Jiangxi Province Key Laboratory of Water Information Cooperative Sensing and Intelligent Processing (No. 2016WICSIP015).
- 1.Karaboga, D.: An idea based on honey bee swarm for numerical optimization. Technical report-TR06, Erciyes University, engineering Faculty, Computer Engineering Department (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Zhao, J., et al.: Artificial bee colony based on special central and adapt number of dimensions learning. J. Inf. Hiding Multimed. Sig. Process. 7(3), 645–652 (2016)Google Scholar
- 7.He, Y., Xue, X.S., Zhang, S.M.: Using artificial bee colony algorithm for optimizing ontology alignment. J. Inf. Hiding Multimed. Sig. Process. 8(4), 766–773 (2017)Google Scholar
- 11.Wu, C.M., Fu, S.R., Li, T.T.: Research of the WSN routing based on artificial bee colony algorithm. J. Inf. Hiding Multimed. Sig. Process. 8(1), 120–126 (2017)Google Scholar
- 12.Tang, L.L., Li, Z.H., Pan, J.S., Wang, Z.F., Ma, K.Q., Zhao, H.N.: Novel artificial bee colony algorithm based load balance method in cloud computing. J. Inf. Hiding Multimed. Sig. Process. 8(2), 460–467 (2017)Google Scholar
- 15.Wang, H., Wu, Z.J., Zhou, X.Y., Rahnamayan, S.: Accelerating artificial bee colony algorithm by using an external archive. In: Proceedings of IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, pp. 517–521 (2013)Google Scholar