Applying René Girard’s Mimetic Theory in the Religious Education Classroom
In Ireland today, one can see a drift away by an entire generation from a regular and sustained practice of the faith within the liturgical calendar of worship.
- Alison, J. (1998). The joy of being wrong. New York: The Crossroad Publishing Company.Google Scholar
- Barry, W. (1995). U.S. culture and contemporary spirituality. Review for Religious, 54, 6–21.Google Scholar
- Berry, S. (2015). Reading the bible with René Girard. Lancaster, PA: JDL Press.Google Scholar
- Gallagher, M. P. (1997). Clashing symbols: An introduction to faith and culture. London: Darton-Longman and Todd.Google Scholar
- Girard, R. (1965). Deceit, desire and the novel: Self and other in literary structure. Baltimore: The Johns Hopkins University Press.Google Scholar
- Girard, R. (1979). Violence and the sacred. Baltimore and London: The Johns Hopkins University Press.Google Scholar
- Girard, R. (1987). Things hidden since the foundation of the world. Stanford California: University Press.Google Scholar
- Girard, R. (1989). The scapegoat. Baltimore: The Johns Hopkins University Press.Google Scholar
- Girard, R. (2001). I see Satan fall like lightning. Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books.Google Scholar
- Golding, W. (1954). Lord of the flies. London: Faber and Faber.Google Scholar
- Groome, T. (2010). The “Mind of the Church” in the General directory for catechesis: Where we are now; Reaching beyond. Theoforum, 41(1), 11–29.Google Scholar
- Heim, M. (2017). Approaches to atonement: How Girard changes the debate. In J. Alison & W. Palaver (Eds.), The Palgrave handbook of mimetic theory and religion (pp. 179–184) https://doi.org/10.1057/978-1-137-53825-3_24.
- Hoeppfner, E. (1908). Guillaume de Mauchaut, oeuvres, société des anciens textes francais. Vol.1 Le Jugement du Roy de Navarre.Google Scholar
- Kirwan, M. (2011). Discovering Girard. London: Darton-Longman and Todd.Google Scholar
- McElhinney, E. P. (2013). Exploring human desire—a neo-experiential approach to catechetics. Religious Education Journal of Australia, 29(2).Google Scholar
- Martin, D. (2017). The challenge for the Church in the 21st. Century, St. Kilian’s Lecture, delivered to Diocese of Wurzburg Germany. Retrieved from http://www.dublindiocese.ie.
- Morgan, S., & O’Reilly, P. (2006). Fully alive: 3 Catholic religious education programme. Year 10, Key Stage 3. Dublin: Veritas.Google Scholar
- Nuechterlein, P. J. (2002). René Girard: The anthropology of the cross as alternative to post-modern literary criticism. Retrieved from: http://www.girardianlectionary.net/girard_postmodern_literary_criticism.htm.
- O’Conaill, S. (2004). Solomon’s gift: The spiritual wisdom of the Bible. pdf. format available at http://www.seanoconaill.com/solomonsgift.
- O’Conaill, S. (2015). The chain that binds the earth. Bloomington: Author House.Google Scholar
- Stokes, G. T. (1936). Ireland and the Celtic Church. A history of Ireland from St. Patrick to the English conquest in 1172. London: Hodder and Stoughton.Google Scholar
- Taylor, C. (2009). Sources of the self: The making of the modern identity. Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
© Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2019