Implementation of Cure Clustering Algorithm for Video Summarization and Healthcare Applications in Big Data
The Data Mining Techniques provide useful ways to generate desired patterns from the large data and establish relations between them to solve problems using data analysis. This paper focuses on a data mining algorithm called CURE, and its applications on Health Care and Video data. Big Data consists of large volume, ever growing Datasets with multiple sources. Big Data in Health Care is an emerging area which helps healthcare organizations for their analytics and reporting needs. Data Mining Techniques, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics are some of the methods to analyze the healthcare data and derive useful information for several applications. On the other hand, Video Processing is an emerging area of research which gives rise to variety of applications like object tracking, shot detection, Video Summarization, etc. This paper discusses the application of CURE clustering algorithm on Video Processing for generating Video Summary and application of the same algorithm on Big Data Health Care Dataset for deriving disease related information.
KeywordsBig Data Analytics Video Processing Data Mining Techniques Health Care CURE Video Summarization
The authors express their sincere gratitude to Prof. N. R. Shetty, Advisor and Dr. H. C. Nagaraj, Principal, Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology for giving constant encouragement and support to carry out research at NMIT.
The authors extend their thanks to Vision Group on Science and Technology (VGST), Government of Karnataka, to acknowledge our research and providing financial support to set up the infrastructure required to carry out the research.
- 2.Raghupathi, W., & Raghupathi, V. (2014). Big data analytics in healthcare: promise and potential. Health Information Science and Systems Journal.Google Scholar
- 3.Bates, D., Saria, S., & Escobar, G. (2014). Big data in health care: Using analytics to identify and manage high-risk and high-cost patients. Article in Health Affairs.Google Scholar
- 4.Archana Bakare, M., & Argiddi, R. V. (2016). Prediction of diseases using big data analysis. The International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering publication, 4(4).Google Scholar
- 5.Ravindra, Ch., Rajesh, G., & Annapurna, G. (2016). Automated health care management system using big data technology. Journal of Network communications and Emerging Technologies, 6(4).Google Scholar
- 6.Patel, S., & Patel, A. (2016). Big data in health care sector challenges, opportunities and technological advancements. International Journal of Information Sciences and Techniques, 6(1/2).Google Scholar
- 7.Guha, S., (Stanford), & Rastogi, R., (Bell labs). (1995). CURE: An efficient algorithm for large databases. In International Conference on Knowledge Discovery in Databases and Data Mining (KDD-95), Montreal, Canada, August 1995.Google Scholar
- 8.Chheng, T. Video Summarization Using Clustering. Department of Computer Science, University of California, Irvine.Google Scholar
- 9.Huang, D., Shan, C., Ardebilian, M., Wang, Y., & Chen, L. (2011). Local binary patterns and its application to facial image analysis: A survey. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part C (Applications and Reviews) 41(6).Google Scholar