An IoT-Based Smart Water Microgrid and Smart Water Tank Management System
Water is most important resource which needs to be managed smartly. Managing house water supply in a society consisting of water tanks, motors, and pumps automatically is an important task for efficient consumption of water. In this paper, we propose a smart solution for leakage detection in the tank using its dimensions and sensor data. The data from each house is stored on the cloud for analyzing the water consumption of each house in a society and main water supply, through GSM/GPRS 900a module. A hybrid application, Smart Water Grid, is responsible for monitoring the water level in the tank continuously, to control the motor automatically, and it consists of an inspection mode to detect the leakage in the tank and its dimension.
KeywordsGSM SIM 900a Arduino ThingSpeak cloud Leakage detection and dimension Hybrid application
- 1.Paul, S., Das, M., Sau, A., & Patra, S. (2015). Android based smart water pump controller with water level detection technique. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, 4(12). ISSN 2278–1021.Google Scholar
- 2.Adsul, S., Mevekari, R. G., & Sharma, A. K. (2016). Leakage detection system development. In IEEE International conference on Automatic Control and Dynamic Optimization Technique (ICACDOT), 978-1-5090-2080-5/16/31.00. IEEE 2016.Google Scholar
- 3.Verma, S., & Prachi. (2012). Wireless sensor network application for water quality monitoring in India. In National Conference on Computing and Communication Systems (NCCCS), Publisher IEEE. Date of Conference 21–22 November 2012. (pp. 1–5).Google Scholar
- 4.Patil, Y., & Singh, R. (2014, June). Smart water tank management system for residential colonies. International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, 5(6). ISSN 2229–5518.Google Scholar
- 5.Kwon, D., Tak, H., & Cho, H. G. (2013, February). Water tank monitoring and visualization system using smart phones. International Journal of Machine Learning and Computing, 3(1).Google Scholar