A Feasibility Study and Simulation of 450 kW Grid Connected Solar PV System at NMIT, Bangalore
The consumption of energy can be reduced by efficiently using the available resources and effectively energy bill is reduced by considering photovoltaic system, which is most promising nowadays. In this paper, a feasibility study and simulation model on MATLAB/SIMULINK of 450-kW grid-connected solar PV system is considered for NMIT campus. The energy consumption at the campus is studied, and the number of billed units in kWh is considered for the last two years. The modelling of PV array, their integration with MPPT in SIMULINK environment are described. The deployment of available energy resources along with the incoming PV system is studied for effective usage of electricity. The simulation results are shown, the performance of the incoming PV system and its feasibility is described as obtained.
KeywordsFossil fuel Solar PV system MPPT SIMULINK
- 1.Naganagowda, H. Solar power hand book. National Training Centre for Solar Technology KPCL, Govt of Karnataka Bengaluru.Google Scholar
- 2.Mohammad, I., Al-Najideen & Alrwashdeh, S. (2017). Design of a solar photovoltaic system to cover the electricity demand for the faculty of Engineering —Mutah University in Jordan. Resource-Efficient Technologies, 3,440–445.Google Scholar
- 3.Jha, A., Baba, A., Jagga, S., Sharan, S., & Kulkarni, S. U. (2016 April). Feasibility study of grid connected rooftop solar PV setup in BVUCOEP campus. International Journal of Engineering Science and Computing, 6(4), 4811–4813. ISSN- 2321 3361, .Google Scholar
- 4.Jaiswal, P., Srivastava, S. K., & Sahay, K. B. (2016). Modeling & simulation of proposed 100 KW solar PV array power plant for MMMUT Gorakhpur. In International Conference on Emerging Trends in Electrical Electronics & Sustainable Energy Systems (ICETEESES), Sultanpur, (pp. 261–266). https://doi.org/10.1109/iceteeses.2016.7581391.
- 5.Sharma, N. (2016, June). Modeling, Simulation and Analysis of 100 kw grid connected PV system using MATLAB/SIMULINK. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, 5(6).Google Scholar
- 6.NREL’s PVwatts Calculator. https://sam.nrel.gov. Accessed on 12 March 2018.
- 7.Smart Grid. IEEE, Conference drive smart grids. Eetimes.com (2009-03-19). Retrieved on 2011-05-14.Google Scholar
- 8.Demo model of 100kW Grid Connected PV array. https://in.mathworks.com/help/physmod/sps/examples/detailed-model-of-a-100-kw-grid-connected-pv-array.html. Accessed on 10 January 2018.
- 9.Tripathi, A., & Sahay, K. B. (2016). Modeling & simulation of proposed grid connected 10 MW Solar PV array power plant at Lucknow. In 2016 IEEE 1st International Conference on Power Electronics, Intelligent Control and Energy Systems (ICPEICES), Delhi, (pp. 1–5). https://doi.org/10.1109/icpeices.2016.7853236.
- 10.de Brito, M. A. G., Sampaio, L. P., Luigi, G., e Melo, G. A., & Canesin, C. A. (2011). Comparative analysis of MPPT techniques for PV applications. In International Conference on Clean Electrical Power (ICCEP), Ischia, 2011, (pp. 99–104). https://doi.org/10.1109/iccep.2011.6036361.