New Password Embedding Technique Using Elliptic Curve Over Finite Field
In the present sophisticated digital era, safe communication of user password from one source to the other is quite difficult in client/server system. Also storing the password as it appears increases the potential risk of the security. Protection of the password is at most important in group communications to avoid the access of the illegal person to group resources. In addition, a roaming user who uses the network from different client terminals requires access to the private key. The present paper explains secure communication of password from one entity to the other. Here the password is encrypted using elliptic curve over finite field, embedded in a large random text at different selected positions, and communicated to the receiver via public channel.
KeywordsEncryption Decryption Elliptic curve over finite field
- 2.Aziz, A., & Diffie, W. (1994). A secure communications protocol to prevent unauthorized access: Privacy and authentication for wireless local area networks. In IEEE Personal Communications, pp. 25–31, first quarter.Google Scholar
- 3.Aydos, M., Sunar, B., & Koc, C. K. (1998). An elliptic curve cryptography based on authentication and key agreement protocol for wireless communications. http://www.researchgate.net.
- 4.Lee, C.-Y., Wang, Z.-H., Harn, L., & Chang, C.-C. (2011). Secure key transfer protocol based on secret sharing for group communications. IEICE Transactions, 94-D(11), 2069–2076.Google Scholar
- 5.Diffie, W., & Hellman, M. E. (1976). New directions in cryptography. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, IT-22(6), 644–654.Google Scholar
- 8.Juels, A., Molnar, D., & Wagner, D. (2005). Security and privacy issues in E-passports. In IEEE SecureComm’05, pp. 74–88.Google Scholar
- 9.Black, U. (2009). “Other key security protocols” book. Teach yourself networking in 24 hours, 332p.Google Scholar
- 11.Perrig, A. (1999). Efficient collaborative key management protocols for secure autonomous group communications. http://semanticscholar.org/18a4/025717de52e3981d67dd710a05ba2c926d2.pdf.
- 12.Burmster, M., & Desmedt, V.O. (1994). A secure and efficient conference key distribution system. In A. De Santis (Ed.), EUROCRYPT 94, LNCS 950, pp. 275–286.Google Scholar
- 14.Miller, V. (1985). Uses of elliptic curves in cryptography. In Advances in Cryptography (CRYPTO 1985), Springer LNCS, Vol. 218, pp. 417–426.Google Scholar
- 16.Menzes, A., & Vanstone, S. (1997). Hand book of applied cryptography. In The CRC-Press Series of Discrete Mathematics and its Applications. CRC-Press.Google Scholar
- 17.Blumenfeld, A. (2011). Discrete logarithms on elliptic curves.Google Scholar