“College Explorer” An Authentication Guaranteed Information Display and Management System
The confusion and dilemma that arises out of the unorganized plethora of information on the Internet can never help school pass outs to reach any conclusion of which college to join for higher studies. Apart from college information, internal environment and feedback from students currently studying in the college is essential part to know about an institution and its administration. This paper stresses about the need for a Web application like college explorer through the novel contributions, system model, and advantages of the Web application developed. It enables the general public to view information such as placement details, admission details, course details, etc., about the colleges. In addition, the features like class notes sharing, notice publication (separate for students as well as for faculties of respective departments of the college), application of leave facility for both faculties as well as students are developed to manage the leave application even in emergency cases for smooth internal administration. The results confirm that Web applications have the potential to address various problem statements stated using Web technology efficiently.
KeywordsWeb technology Web application authentication Information system JDBC MVC architecture JSP Servlets
- 1.Rajebhosle, S., Choudhari, S., Patil, S., Vyavahare, A., & Khabiya, S. (2016, April). Smart campus—An academic web portal with android application. International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, 3(4), 389–394, e-ISSN: 2395-0056.Google Scholar
- 2.Saini, P. K., & Bhakar, R. (2014, September). User satisfaction of the students of engineering college: A case study of engineering college libraries of Jaipur, Rajasthan. International Journal of Emerging Research in Management & Technology, 3(9), 16–26, ISSN: 2278-9359.Google Scholar
- 3.Bilawane, S., & Jambhulkar, P. (2015, March). Information system based on college campus. International Journal of Engineering and Computer Science, 4(3), 10852–10855, ISSN: 2319-7242.Google Scholar
- 4.Akinyemi, I. O., & Oyelami, O. M. (2013, August–September). Developing a web based location navigation system in the context of Covenant University. International Journal of Computer Applications & Information Technology, 3(2), 10–13, ISSN: 2278-7720.Google Scholar
- 5.Private colleges found consortium to collaborate, negotiate with vendors [Online]. Available https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2016/01/20/private-colleges-found-consortium-collaborate-negotiate-vendors.
- 6.Goel, M., Wasnik, A., Gulhane, A., Gajarlewar, S., & Rasekar, Y. (2017, March). College monitoring system. International Journal for Research in Applied Science & Engineering Technology, 5(II), 41–44. ISSN: 2321-9653.Google Scholar
- 7.Private colleges found consortium to collaborate, negotiate with vendors [online]. Available https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2016/01/20/private-colleges-found-consortium-collaborate-negotiate-vendors, Accessed April 6, 2018.
- 8.XML tutorial [online]. Available https://www.w3schools.com/xml/default.asp.
- 9.How to connect to database in Java, Java database connectivity [online]. Available https://www.javatpoint.com/steps-to-connect-to-the-database-in-java, Accessed January 20, 2018.
- 10.Java JDBC Tutorial-Javatpoint [online]. Available https://www.javatpoint.com/java-jdbc, Accessed January 20, 2018.