Study on Heat Treatment Process of Tungsten-Plated Diamond
This study investigates the effects of the heat treatment process including different temperature rising rates, holding time, and holding temperature on the bonding strength of the tungsten-plated diamond coating. The heat treatment process is optimized by various analytical methods. The results show that tungsten carbide (WC) with strong bonding strength and high thermal conductivity can be obtained by holding the temperature at 1150 °C for 15 min. When the temperature rising rate is high, the total carbide content is high, and the tungsten carbide is amorphous. As the temperature rising rate decreases, the tungsten carbide content gradually decreases to zero, and the diamond is not graphitized.
KeywordsTungsten plating Diamond Heat treatment process Tungsten carbide
The authors would like to acknowledge the financial supports from the Ministry of Science & Technology of China (the National Key Research and Development Program of china No. 2017YFB0406202).
- 1.C. Zweben, Thermal materials solve power electronics challenges. Power Electron. Technol. 32(2), 40–47 (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.S.Q. Liu, X.M. Liu, Z.Q. Zhang et al., Study of electroless nickel plating on micro-electronics packaging and its applications. Electroplat. Finish. 20(3) (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Q.L. Shang, J.M. Tao, M.-C. Xu et al., Research progress of diamond-Cu composite material for electronic packaging. Electron. Process Technol. (5), 56–61 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.J. Li, H. Zhang et al., On the thermal conductivity of Cu/diamond composite of diamond particles with tungsten coating. J. Funct. Mater. 47(1), 1034–1037 (2016)Google Scholar
- 9.C. Zhang, R. Wang, C.Q. Peng et al., Effect of surface tungsten plating on thermal conductivity of diamond/copper composites. Rare Met. Mater. Eng. 45(10), 2692–2696 (2016)Google Scholar
- 10.Z.J. Qiao, Nanodiamonds Graphitization Transformation and Preparation and Properties of Nano-Diamond/Copper Composites (Tianjin University, 2007)Google Scholar
- 11.H.T. Weigh, Y.X. Wu, J.H. Chen et al., Study on preparation process and antioxidation performance of vacuum evaporated tungsten diamond. Superhard Mater. Eng. (2) (2018)Google Scholar
- 12.H.П. Лякишeв, Metal Binary Phase Diagram Manual (Chemical Industry Press, 2009)Google Scholar