Research on Satellite-Ground Communication in Terahertz Massive Satellite Systems
The explosive growth of the data traffic in future satellite communications can be leveraged by exploiting higher unlicensed spectrum band. In particular, Terahertz (THz) communication has been considered as a promising solution, since it can provide tens of GHz bandwidth. In addition, massive multiple input multiple output (MIMO) with a very large antenna array can be used in THz communications to provide large array gain to compensate for severe signal attenuation. To this end, this paper analyzes a terahertz MIMO channel modeling and simulation method for massive antenna array based satellite-ground communications. Taking into account the molecular absorption noise, transmission path loss, and molecular reradiation effects of the terahertz channels under a variety of typical weather models, we evaluate the bit error rates (BERs) for different frequencies, communication distances and signal strengths. Numerical results validate the feasibility of the proposed modeling approach.
Keywords5G Terahertz Massive MIMO Satellite-ground communication Channel model System simulation BER
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant No. 61571135 and No. 61671154.
- 2.Gohil, A., Modi, H., Patel, S.K.: 5G technology of mobile communication: a survey. In: International Conference on Intelligent Systems and Signal Processing, pp. 288–292. IEEE (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, C.X., Haider, F., Gao, X., et al.: Cellular architecture and key technologies for 5G wireless communication networks. J. Chongqing Univ. Posts Telecommun. 52(2), 122–130 (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Le, N.T., Hossain, M.A., Islam, A., et al.: Survey of promising technologies for 5G networks. Mobile Inf. Syst. 2016, 25 (2016). Article ID 2676589Google Scholar
- 12.Khalid, N., Akan, O.B.: Experimental throughput analysis of low-THz MIMO communication channel in 5G wireless networks. IEEE Wirel. Commun. Lett. PP(99), 1 (2016)Google Scholar
- 14.Hoseini, S.A., Ding, M., Hassan, M.: Massive MIMO performance comparison of beamforming and multiplexing in the Terahertz band. In: IEEE GLOBECOM Workshops, pp. 1–6. IEEE (2017)Google Scholar