A 2.45 GHz Harmonic Suppression Filtenna for Rectenna Application
This paper proposes a novel single frequency harmonic suppression antenna operating at 2.45 GHz for wireless energy transfer applications. The harmonic suppression antenna consists of antenna integrated with a low-pass filter that is called as filtenna. The filter helps to suppress the higher order harmonics. This single-frequency harmonic suppression antenna is useful for high RF to dc conversion efficiency.
KeywordsFiltenna Low-pass filter Rectifying antenna (rectenna) Wireless power transmission
- 1.Brown, W.C.: The history of power transmission by radio waves. IEEE Trans. Microw. Theor. Techniques 9 (1984)Google Scholar
- 3.Udayabhaskar, P., Sonika Priyadarsini, B., Sushrut Das: A 2.45 GHz DGS based harmonic rejection antenna for rectenna application. USNC-URSI Radio Science AP-S Symposium, 2017, pp. 123–124, San Diego, USA (2017)Google Scholar
- 5.Zhongkun, M., Guy, A.E., Vandenbosch: Wideband harmonic rejection filtenna for wireless power transfer. IEEE Trans. Antenna Propag. 62(1) (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Huang, F.J., Yo, T.C., Lee, C.M. Luo, C.H.: Design of circular polarization antenna with harmonic suppression for rectenna application. IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett. 11 (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Kumar, A., Pattapu, U., Chakraborty Das, A., Das, S: A 2.45 GHz harmonic rejection antenna for wireless power transfer applications. In: IEEE-APS Topical Conference, 2017, pp. 81–84, Verona, Italy (2017)Google Scholar