Band Calculation of 2D Square Lattice Using the Method of Successive Over-Relaxation
Successive over-relaxation method has been adopted to find the wave functions corresponding to the band states and surface states and also to solve energy dispersion relation for 2D finite crystal of desirable shape and size with periodic and non-periodic potentials. This method enables us to study the finite size effect in 2D crystals without costing too much computer time like ab initio methods. The major advantage of over-relaxation method is its simplicity as well as its usefulness in both lower and higher dimensional finite systems.
KeywordsSuccessive over-relaxation Semiconductor Surface 2D system
Shayari Basu is grateful to DST, Govt. of India for INSPIRE Fellowship.
- 1.Bhattacharya, P.: Semiconductor Optoelectronic Devices, 2nd ed. Pearson Education (1997)Google Scholar
- 2.Streetman, B.G., Banerjee, S.K.: Solid State Electronic Devices, 6th ed. Pearson Education (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.McLachlan, N.W.: Theory and Application of Mathieu Functions, 1st ed. Oxford (1947)Google Scholar
- 6.Kittel, C.: Introduction to Solid State Physics, 8th ed. Wiley (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Press, W.H., Teukolsky, S.A., Vetterling, W.T., Flannery, B.P.: Numerical Recipes in Fortran 77, The Art of Scientific Computing. 2nd ed. Cambridge University Press (1992)Google Scholar
- 11.Schmid, E.W., Spitz, G., Lösch, W.: Theoretical Physics on the personal Computer. Springer (1987)Google Scholar