Transient Voltage Analysis of a Hybrid Power System Model by Using Novel Symbiosis Organism Search Algorithm
Symbiosis organism search (SOS) algorithm is a novel meta-heuristic search algorithm based on the interactions of organisms in the environment. In SOS, the behaviour of the organisms in the nature is taken into consideration for the purpose of optimization. In this paper, the effectiveness of this SOS algorithm is being tested for the compensation of reactive power of the isolated hybrid power system. In the tested isolated power system, this paper has been considered as a wind engine based induction generator and a diesel engine based synchronous generator. Under the running condition, minimizing the gap between the demand and supply of reactive power has been provided by a static synchronous compensator (STATCOM). In the studied model, a PID controller is also carried out to track the degree of reactive power compensation under small input perturbation.
- 1.Kundur, P.: Power System Stability and Control. Tata-McGraw-Hill, India (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Bansal, R.C., Bhatti, T.S.: Small Signal Analysis of Isolated Hybrid Power Systems. Narosa Publishing House, India (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Yu, Q., Li, P., Liu, W., Xie, X.: Overview of STATCOM technologies. In: Proceeding of the IEEE International Conference on Electric Utility Deregulation, Restructuring and Power Technologies, pp. 647–652 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Hingorani, N.G., Gyugyi, L.: Understanding FACTs: Concepts and Technology of Flexible AC Transmission Systems. IEEE Power Eng. Soc., New York (2000)Google Scholar
- 13.Shaw, B., Banerjee, A., Ghoshal, S.P., Mukherjee, V.: Comparative seeker and bio-inspired fuzzy logic controllers for power system stabilizers. Int. J. Electr. Power Energy Syst. 33, 1728–1738 (2011)Google Scholar