Boarding Stations Inferring Based on Bus GPS and IC Data
Understanding bus passengers’ flow patterns is an important guide for optimization of public transport system. In most cities buses have been equipped with GPS devices and Smart IC card fare devices, which leads to amount of real-time geocoded data of buses and passengers. Usually these two kinds of data could be combined for inferring passengers’ boarding stations. However, in some cases there is no straightforward relation between them, such that boarding station of passengers are unknown. In this paper, an inferring method for finding the correspondence between these two types of data is proposed. This method was validated by Qingdao data. Based on that, we analyze the spatio-temporal distribution of passengers’ flow.
KeywordsGPS data IC data Bus matching Public transportation
This research is supported by National Statistical Science Research Project (2017LY82), Shandong Computer Science Provincial Key Laboratory Joint Open Fund Project. We would like to thank Qingdao Traffic Committee, Qingdao Public Transport Group and Qingdao Hisense Netwrok Technology Co., Ltd for access to the data on which the paper is based.
- 1.Shu, G.: The Research on the Rules of Public Passenger Flow Based on Data Mining. Beijing Jiaotong University (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Dai, W.: Research on Analysis Method of Public Transport Data Based on Bus IC Information. Southeast University (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Xu, J., Xiong, W., You, F.: The method of singal-line public transportation OD based on GPS and intelligent card. Microcomput. Inf. (22), 221–222 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Barry, J., Freimer, R., Slavin, H.: Use of entry-only automatic fare collection data to estimate linked transit trips in New York City. Transp. Res. Rec.: J. Transp. Res. Board (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Jinhua, Z.: Estimating a rail passenger trip origin destination matrix using automatic data collection systems. Comput.-Aided Civil Infrastruct. Eng. 22(1), 376–387 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Dai, X., Chen, X., Li, W.: Data mining technology research of transit IC card information processing. Comput. Commun. 24, 40–42 (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Guo, J., Chen, X.: The method confirming the station of bus IC card passengers and its application. In: Proceedings of The 1st China ITS Annual Meeting, Shanghai (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Yu, Y., Deng, T., Xiao, Y.: A novel method of confirming the boarding station of bus holders. J. Chongqing Jiaotong Univ. 28(1), 121–125 (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Chen, J., Yang, D.: Identifying boarding stops of bus passengers with smart cards based on intelligent dispatching data. J. Transp. Syst. Eng. Inf. Technol. 13(1), 76–80 (2013)Google Scholar