A Novel Method to Build a Factor Space for Model Validation
Factor space is an indispensable part of the model validation. In order to provide an advantageous method to build factor space for model validation, this paper states the challenging problems of the factor space, and proposes a mathematical model of it. Further based on the model, this paper provides the graphic illustration, the factor decomposition, the credibility aggregation and the model defect tracing of the factor space, which construct a novel method to build a factor space for model validation. Finally, the paper provides a case study of an electromagnetic rail gun model validation to explain the usage of the method.
KeywordsModel validation Factor space Credibility aggregation Model defect tracing
The paper was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 61374164 and 61627810).
- 1.Shi, Y., Ma, B.H.: Multitarget decision fusion method based on fuzzy factor spaces. J. Beijing Inst. Technol. 20(1), 85–89 (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Cui, T.J., Ma, Y.D.: The method research on decision criterion discovery of system reliability. Syst. Eng. Theory Pract. 35(12), 3210–3216 (2015)Google Scholar
- 3.Saaty, T.L.: Modeling unstructured decision problems: a theory of analytical hierarchy. In: Proceedings of the First International Conference on Mathematical Modeling, pp. 59–77 (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.IEEE Computer Society: IEEE recommended practice for verification, validation, and accreditation of a federation—an overlay to the high level architecture federation development and execution process. IEEE Standard 1516.4, The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc., USA, pp. 1–66 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Balci, O., Adams, R.J., Myers, D.S.: A collaborative evaluation environment for credibility assessment of modeling and simulation applications. In: Proceedings of the 2002 Winter Simulation Conference, San Diego, CA, USA, pp. 214–220 (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhang, Z., Fang, K., Wu, F., Yang, M.: Detection method for credibility defect of simulation based on sobol’ method and orthogonal design. In: Tan, G., Yeo, G.K., Turner, S.J., Teo, Y.M. (eds.) AsiaSim 2013. CCIS, vol. 402, pp. 421–428. Springer, Heidelberg (2013). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-45037-2_45CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Zhou, Y.C.: Transformation methods and assistant tools from data consistency analysis result to simulation credibility. Master dissertation, Harbin Institute of Technology, China, (2014)Google Scholar
- 11.Au, S.K.: Model validity and frequency band selection in operational modal analysis. Mech. Syst. Signal Process. 1–21 (2016)Google Scholar
- 12.Fang, K., Zhou, Y.C., Zhao, K.B.: Validation method for simulation models with iteration operation. Syst. Eng. Electron. 39(2), 445–450 (2017)Google Scholar