Case VI: Children’s Hospital of Shanghai: A Pioneer in Smart Healthcare
- 1.1k Downloads
It was Saturday, March 5, 2016, the 53rd anniversary of “Learn-from-Lei Feng Day”. On the brilliantly sunny morning, Dr. Yu Guangjun, President of Children’s Hospital of Shanghai, arrived at his office early to gear up for the inauguration ceremony of the “Rainbow Bay” Ward School. He was well aware that in the Internet age, Children’s Hospital of Shanghai should be positioned as a “smart, first-rate, and patient-centered” hospital providing not only medical treatment, but also a portfolio of services to improve patients’ physical, mental and social wellbeing.
The case was co-authored by Professor Xiaoming Zhu, case writer Zhao Liman, research assistant Zhu Yezi, and research assistant Xiao Yingjun of China Europe International Business School with the helpful collaboration and support of Children’s Hospital of Shanghai. The case was developed to provide the basis of classroom discussion rather than to illustrate effective or ineffective handling of a management situation.
- Vcbeat.net. China’s Smart Hospitals in 2015: The Present and Trends [EB/OL]. (2016–01–31) [2016–03–23]. http://health.sohu.com/20160131/n436539369.shtml.
- WEN R. After Exploration, China’s Smart Health Is Moving Ahead [N/OL]. Guangdong Construction News, 2015–08–07 [2016–03–23]. http://www.ycwb.com/ePaper/gdjsb/html/2015–08/07/content_762506.htm?div=–1.
- Drug.39.net. Yu Guangjun: Smart Hospital Will Disrupt Traditional Healthcare Model [EB/ OL]. (2015–12–04) [2016–03–23]. http://www.exw360.com/news/dgView/71374.htm?p=1.
- China’s Smart Hospitals in 2015: The Present and Trends [R/OL]. (2016–02–04) [2016–03–03]. http://www.exw360.com/news/dgView/71374.htm?p=1.
- Lingqu Network Technology. Report on Smart Healthcare and Big Data 2015 [R/OL]. (2016–02–25) [2016–03–03]. http://mt.sohu.com/20160225/n438462004.shtml.
- Economic Information Daily. Mobile Healthcare Grows 30% Annually [EB/OL]. (2014–08–19) [2016–03–23]. http://news.xinhuanet.com/info/2014–08/19/c_133558262.htm.
- Graph: Smart Healthcare and Concept Stocks [EB/OL]. (2015–04–08) [2016–03–23]. http://finance.ce.cn/rolling/201504/08/t20150408_5048293.shtml.
- Official Website of Children’s Hospital of Shanghai [EB/OL]. [2016–03–23]. http://www.shchildren.com.cn/shchildren_website/html/shset/shset_yywh_yygk/List/list_0.htm.
- WANG S, YU G, JIANG B, WEI M, LING Q. Construction and Application of Whole-Process Healthcare Service Platform Based on Mobile and Online Technology [J]. China Digital Medicine, 2015,10(9), 49–51.Google Scholar
- YU G, NIU J, WANG S, CUI W. Exploration of Optimizing Healthcare Service Process Based on WeChat Platform [J]. China Health Resources, 2015, 18(5): 315–317.Google Scholar
- Zhuojian Technology Competes for Smart Hospital APP Market with Pilot Program [EB/OL]. (2013–07–08) [2016–03–23]. http://www.cnii.com.cn/2013–07/08/content_1178700.htm.
- WANG S, CHEN M, YU G, SHU L. Research on Clinical Decision Support System for Typical Children’s Respiratory Infections Based on Data Mining Technology [J]. China Digital Medicine, 2015, 10(12).Google Scholar
- LIU C. Children’s Hospital of Shanghai: Grade-IV Level-A Hospital [EB/OL]. (2016–03–09) [2016–03–23]. http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?_biz=MjM5MDQyNDE3Mg==&mid=402228264&idx=1&sn=c7daccb8c7dde1dc1ef07216cb923a54&scene=5&srcid=03256krWGJJ3nPXvg2v0BoZq#rd.