Research About UI Color Preference for Mobile Terminal Based on the User’s Visual Thinking and Perception
The paper takes mobile terminal UI as the research object and explores mobile users’ preference about UI color in iPhone 5 through eye movement experiment from two aspects which are color perception part of visual perception organ and perception of objective visual thinking. According to PCCS color system, determine three kinds of colors which are warm colors, cool colors and neutral colors, and subdivide into 18 kinds of colors as UI samples. Then uniform color and combination in Photoshop and select 45 subjects to do eye movement experiment. By using SPSS20.0 statistical method to analyze data, we can get different colors in UI that has different levels of concern, and the result shows a consistent trend; gender, age, cultural differences, education levels, and some other factors have different impacts on color preference. According to research results, the paper offers some proposals about the color design of UI which might be the useful references for UI design and interaction design.
KeywordsMobile terminal UI Color preference User’s visual thinking and perception Eye movement experiment
Compliance with Ethical Standards
The study was approved by the Logistics Department for Civilian Ethics Committee of Hangzhou Vocational and Technical College. All subjects who participated in the experiment were provided with and signed an informed consent form. All relevant ethical safeguards have been met with regard to subject protection.
- 1.Arnheim R (1998) Visual thinking. Sichuan people’s press, SichuanGoogle Scholar
- 2.Zhang M (2013) Analysis of color in the design of UI applications. Vis Commun 4:97–98Google Scholar
- 3.Gu W (2012) UI design of user interaction experience of visual thinking. The China academy of art master’s degree thesis, pp 17–18Google Scholar
- 4.Zhen Z (2015) The application of color in mobile phone interface design. Mod Decor (theory) 11:26–28Google Scholar
- 5.Liu W, Bao X (2017) A brief analysis of color semantics in the application of mobile UI design. Art Sci Technol 11:62–64Google Scholar
- 6.Hou Y (2016) The analysis of visual performance of mobile phone interface based on user experience. Packag Eng 10:58–60Google Scholar