The Application of Jack Software in the Size Study of the Exhaust Hood on a Welding Torch
The exhaust hood on the welding torch can effectively capture the welding fume, but it may affect the worker’s vision. Take the commonly used gas protect welding torch as the tool model, and take the height and weight percent of 95 China male workers as the digital model of welder in this study. The static strength of welding with squatting posture was stimulated by the Static Strength Prediction tool in Jack software, and the best arm bending position in the squat welding was obtained. The influence of three different sizes of the exhaust hood on the welder’s field of vision was analyzed by the Vision Analysis tool in Jack software based on the result of the arm bending position, and the suitable size of the exhaust hood was determined from the visual angle. The results of the research and application were also discussed.
KeywordsSimulation Ergonomics Visualization Welding Exhaust hood
This work was funded under the National key R&D Program of China (2016YFC0801700), the National Science and Technology Pillar Program during the Twelfth Five-year Plan Period (2015BAK40B01), and the basic research funding of China Academy of Safety Science and Technology (2018JBKY01).
- 1.Huang Y, Wang Y, Shi Y (2011) Analysis of welding dust monitoring results in shipyards. J Environ Occup Med 28(3):159–160Google Scholar
- 2.Hobart Brothers Company. Improvements in welding or cutting torches: GB1393562. 1975.5.7Google Scholar
- 3.Mongan SF (1979) Brian Morgan High. Arc welding torch: GB2004488. 1979.4.4Google Scholar
- 4.Shen Z (1998) Gas shielded welding torch with fume remover: CN2300476U [P]. 1998.12.16Google Scholar
- 5.Shen Z (1986) Gas shielded welding torch with fume remover: CN85201640U [P]. 1986.3.5Google Scholar
- 6.Pan J, Chu J, Yan Y et al (2015) Ergonomics analysis of work postures in space laboratory based on JACK. Electr Des Eng 23(5):36–40Google Scholar
- 7.Xu P, Zhang Y, Xu B et al (2013) Application research of JACK virtual technology in the design of ladder of sleeper train. J Mach Des 30(12):104–107Google Scholar
- 8.Shen Y, Zheng Y (2009) The application of software JACK to workshop equipment optimizing. Ind Eng Manag 14(5):54–58Google Scholar
- 9.Yin Q, Liao Q, Zhou Q et al (2016) Analysis of lower limb joint torque and comfort in driving posture based on JACK. Space Med Med Eng 29(6):440–445Google Scholar
- 10.Tan ZW, Xue HJ, Su R (2010) Research on visibility for cockpit of civil aircraft based on jack. Aeronaut Comput Techn 40(5):79–81Google Scholar
- 11.Gong C, Zhang H (2016) Analysis of manual welding occupational fatigue and simulation research of fatigue recovery. Miner Eng Res 31(3):77–80Google Scholar