Analysis of Key Technologies and Performances of Fire-Control Radar of Low Probability of Intercept
The key technologies of fire-control (FC) radar of low probability of intercept (LPI) are researched, and an analytical model is established and applied to conduct quantitative calculation and qualitative analysis of the relationship between the LPI advantage and maximal detection range in mainlobe interception mode with various time–bandwidth signals through a case study, so as to achieve the low intercept performance of fire-control radar and improve its effectiveness and survivability. It is found from analysis that the transmission energy needs real-time management based on prior information; both the peak power (PP) and pulse width (PW) of transmission signal of FC radar of LPI need to be quantitatively controlled, which is of referential significance for the design of FC radar of LPI.
KeywordsLow probability of intercept Fire-control radar Key technology Performance
- 1.Yu W (2014) Analysis of FC radar’s anti-jamming capabilities on conditions of supported jamming. Vessel Electron Eng 34(10):72–75Google Scholar
- 2.Wang Zh (2006) Status quo and developing trend of ADF FC radar. FC Radar Technol 35(9):43–46Google Scholar
- 3.Wang F (2015) Signal processing technology of airborne radar of LPI. Science Press, Beijing, pp 6–9Google Scholar
- 4.Huan J (2004) Research on LPI radar. Master’s thesis of Nanjing University of Science and Technology, 8–19Google Scholar
- 5.Gagarin Air Force Academy (Russia) (2002) EW calculation method of tactics and campaign. Translated by Hu Xiaohui. Air Force Command Academy, Beijing, pp 163–167Google Scholar