Construction and Application of Digital Slide Network Teaching System in Histology Courses
In traditional histology laboratory courses, students mainly observe glass slides. Glass slides have several shortcomings in teaching, such as their colors are easy to fade, they are hard to keep for a long time, and there are time and space constraints in usage. The automatic digital slide scanning and application system can scan and match the traditional glass slides to generate a full-field digital slide (also known as a virtual slide). With the help of related software system, the Basic Medical College of Zhengzhou University establishes a digital slide network teaching system and applies it to the histology laboratory course teaching. This system adopts a B/S structure; thus, students and teachers can view the digital slides whenever and wherever they want through the campus network and do not need to install any software. The system effectively solves the problem of lacking high-quality glass slides and contributes to teachers’ course preparation, students’ review and discussion, and the interaction between teachers and students. It also promotes better utilization and sharing of teaching resources, advances the reform in laboratory course teaching and examinations, and greatly improves the teaching effect of laboratory courses and the learning efficiency of students.
KeywordsDigital slide Histology Laboratory course Application
This work is supported by Teaching Reform Research and Practice Project in Zhengzhou University (No. 9: 189, 2017) and Henan Medical Education Research Project (Grant. No. Wjlx2017009).
- 1.Zou Z, Li J (2013) Histology and embryology, 8th edn. People’s Health Publishing House, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- 2.Zhang G, Li L, Wang W (2017) Application of digital slide in histology lab course teaching. Res Explor Lab 6:216–218Google Scholar
- 3.Wei X, Peng H, Zhou R, Xu E, Zhang W, Mao Z (2016) Application experience of electronic version experiment report in digital network pathology lab course teaching. Chin J Pathol 11:815–816Google Scholar
- 4.Niu J, Tian Y, Liu Y, Chen X, Li H, Xiao L, Li C (2017) Application of digital slide exam system in histology examination. Chin J Anat 5:1001–1633Google Scholar
- 5.Hu Y, Lan H, Shuai P, Lin K, Lv J (2013) Construction and application of medical digital slide network teaching system. J Gannan Med Univ 5:686–687Google Scholar
- 6.Wei J, Feng X, Li Z (2015) Application of digital slide in the lab courses of histology and embryology. Chin J Anat 4:511–512Google Scholar
- 7.Zhang G, Wang W, Li L (2017) Application of digital slide in enhancing college students’ independent learning capability. Chin J Anat 4:485–486Google Scholar