Design of Low-Resonance Fast Response DC Filter for Enhancing Voltage Quality of DC Distribution Network
A bidirectional filter with low ripple and fast response is designed to solve the problem of low frequency fluctuating in DC distribution network of DC side. Firstly, the matched filter design method is used to optimize the filter order and passband frequency. After that, the voltage transfer function of DC side filter network is derived and its voltage transfer characteristic is analyzed. For the resonance problem of the filter network, the parameter selection method of suppressing the peak value of the resonance point is given, and the effect of actual parameter deviation is further analyzed. The simulation model of double-ended and single-ended radiation DC distribution network was built in MATLAB/Simulink, and the experimental platform of single-ended DC distribution network was established.
KeywordsDC distribution network DC filter design Low frequency fluctuation Voltage quality Resonance suppression Fast response filter
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (51577018) and Chongqing Science & Technology Commission (cstc2015jcyjBX0033).
- 2.Zadeh, M.K., et al.: Discrete-time modelling, stability analysis, and active stabilization of DC distribution systems with constant power loads. In: Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition, pp. 323–329. IEEE (2015)Google Scholar
- 3.Gecan, C.O., Chindris, M., Bindiu, R.: Power capability in low voltage DC distribution systems. Interdisc. Eng. 2, 109–114 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Mariscotti, A.: Methods for ripple index evaluation in DC low voltage distribution networks. In: Proceedings of the Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference, IMTC. IEEE, pp. 1–4 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Prabhakaran, P., Agarwal, V.: Mitigation of voltage unbalance in a low voltage bipolar DC microgrid using a boost-SEPIC type interleaved DC-DC compensator. In: Power Electronics Conference, pp. 1–6 IEEE (2017). Gallo, D., Landi, C., Luiso, M.: AC and DC power quality of photovoltaic systems. In: Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference, pp. 576–581. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 10.Somlal, J., Rao, M.V.G.: Power conditioning in distribution systems using ANN controlled Shunt Hybrid Active Power Filter. In: International Conference on Smart Electric Grid. IEEE, pp. 1–5 (2014)Google Scholar
- 12.Kang, W., Zhang, L., Liu, C.: Output filter design method in current-source PWM converters. Trans. Chin. Electrotech. Soc. 27(6), 83–89 (2012)Google Scholar
- 16.Bo, C., Zeng, X., Yao, X.: Three tuned passive filter to improve power quality. In: International Conference on Power System Technology, Powercon, pp. 1–5. IEEE (2006)Google Scholar
- 17.Wei, K., et al.: Research on the Matched DC Filter Design in the Power Accumulator Battery Testing System. In: International Conference on Electrical and Control Engineering (ICECE), pp. 4157–4160 (2010)Google Scholar
- 18.Fadloullah, I., Mechaqrane, A., Ahaitouf, A.: Butterworth low pass filter design using evolutionary algorithm. In: International Conference on Wireless Technologies, Embedded and Intelligent Systems (WITS), pp. 1–6 (2017)Google Scholar