Trending Pattern Analysis of Twitter Using Spark Streaming
A method had been adopted to predict the trending patterns on the twitter in near-real time environment. These trending patterns help the companies to know their customers and to predict their brand awareness. The pattern was recognized by analyzing the tweets fetched in real time environment and by examining the most popular hashtags on the twitter platform in past few seconds. The work was implemented using a big data technology ‘Spark Streaming’. These hashtag patterns allow the people to follow the discussions on particular brand, event or any promotion. These hashtags are used by many companies as a signature tag to gain popularity of their brand on social networking platforms.
KeywordsTwitter patterns Twitter trends Popular hashtags Spark Streaming DStream
We would like to thank our institution Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University for such a great exposure to accomplish such tasks and providing a strong platform to develop our skills and capabilities.
- 2.Weller, K., Bruns, A., Burgess, J.E., Mahrt, M., Puschmann, C.: Twitter and society: an introduction. In: Twitter and Society, vol. 89, pp. xxix–xxxviii. Peter Lang, New York (2014)Google Scholar
- 3.Hatua, A., Nguyen, T., Sung, A.: An approach for pattern recognition and prediction of information diffusion model on Twitter. World Acad. Sci. Eng. Technol. Int. J. Comput. Inf. Eng. 5(3) (2018)Google Scholar
- 4.Roberts, H., Sadler, J., Chapman, L.: The value of Twitter data for determining the emotional responses of people to urban green spaces: a case study and critical evaluation. Urban Stud. (2018). https://doi.org/10.1177/0042098017748544
- 7.Stypinski, M.: Apache Spark streaming (2017)Google Scholar
- 8.Shoro, A.G., Soomro, T.R.: Big data analysis: Apache spark perspective. Glob. J. Comput. Sci. Technol. (2015)Google Scholar
- 9.Li, H., Dombrowski, L., Brady, E.: Working toward empowering a community: how immigrant-focused nonprofit organizations use twitter during political conflicts. In: Proceedings of the 2018 ACM Conference on Supporting Groupwork, pp. 335–346. ACM (2018)Google Scholar
- 10.Javed, N., Muralidhara, B.L.: Semantic interpretation of tweets: a contextual knowledge-based approach for tweet analysis. In: Margret Anouncia, S., Wiil, U.K. (eds.) Knowledge Computing and Its Applications, pp. 75–98. Springer, Singapore (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-6680-1_4CrossRefGoogle Scholar